Johnson & Johnson Careers
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR RD PROJECT PLANNING
Requisition ID: 8956190307
Janssen Research and Development, a member of Johnson and Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Associate Director, R&D Project Planning to be located in Titusville, NJ, USA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visitfor more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
R&D Project Planning, as part of the Janssen R&D Project Management Organization is hiring an Associate Director, R&D Project Planning (People Leader). The position includes approximately 50% people management and 50% direct R&D project planning support to compounds/teams/functions as assigned. Primary duties include:
- Provides day-to-day people management support to a team of program coordinators and clinical functional planners, including guidance and direction regarding planning processes, tools and business rules as well as talent/performance development responsibilities associated with departmental & global HR People Management processes
- Provides talent development leadership to direct reports including informal coaching & feedback, formal stakeholder feedback, goals & objectives setting, and performance development in accordance with departmental & global HR People Management processes
- Ensures Optimal staffing of Planning resources to CDT team or Functional assignments
- Provides TA-level planning analytics to PMO Therapeutic Area Lead (TAL) and Therapeutic Area Operations Lead (TAOL) where applicable
- Maintains cross-functional project plans, team reports, communications, and resource management support to ensure the completion of deliverables balanced for quality and timeliness
- Assists the Program Management Leader (PML) in providing and maintaining system tools and cross-functional project plans aligned across R&D (Pre-Clinical, Clinical, CMC) and the clinical functions to support the Compound Development Teams, Clinical Teams, and Clinical functions
- Facilitates critical path analyses, contingency planning/scenario analyses, and proposes strategies and solutions to modify schedules to keep the projects on track in collaboration with the CPML and PML
- Acts as integration and alignment lead for clinical project planners for change control, including variance commentaries to ensure team and functional proactive alignment on compound clinical planning and forecasting
- Ensures project schedules, resources, and underlying assumptions are integrated and aligned across functions and provides coordination expertise.
- Support functional area with respect to FTE/OOP vetting and compiling/generating program/project resource demands
- Support functional area about critical escalations of workload or timeline discrepancies between teams and functions
- Proactively translate processes, knowledge and expertise into specific solutions for individual customers
- Direct, manage and oversee process improvement projects that foster innovative ideas and a knowledge sharing culture
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required; a post-graduate degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of related pharmaceutical industry experience is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in drug development and a detailed knowledge of the drug development process is required.
- Detailed knowledge of project planning, tracking, resource management, project planning, scheduling tools, and cross-project analyses is required.
- A detailed understanding of clinical development/trial execution is required.
- Planisware experience is preferred.
- Professional project management certification is preferred.
- Direct line people management, coaching, and talent development experience is preferred.
- This position will be located in Titusville, NJ, USA and will require up to 10% domestic travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)