Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
GLOBAL THERAPEUTIC AREA COMMUNICATION LEADER IMMUNOLOGY JANSSEN RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 8954180119
The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson are currently recruiting for aGlobal Therapeutic Area (TA) Communication Leader, Immunology, Janssen Research & Development. Janssen’s Immunology TA is an innovative business responsible for around $11B in annual revenue through on-market therapies including STELARA®, SIMPONI®, REMICADE®, TREMFYA® as well as a robust pipeline of potential future medicines. This position is based in Spring House, PA.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We are a broadly based global healthcare company with expertise in all stages of research and development of large- and small-molecule therapeutics, vaccines, medical devices and consumer products -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with our partners across the health care environment to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. Learn more at www.janssen.com and www.twitter.com/JanssenGlobal.
Janssen focuses on six therapeutic areas: infectious diseases and vaccines (e.g., HIV, hepatitis, respiratory infections, tuberculosis, Ebola and E. coli), immunology (e.g., rheumatoid arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease and psoriasis), neuroscience (e.g., Alzheimer's disease, mood disorders and schizophrenia), oncology (e.g., prostate cancer, hematologic malignancies and lung cancer), cardiovascular and metabolic diseases (e.g., thrombosis and diabetes), and pulmonary hypertension (e.g., pulmonary arterial hypertension).
The Global Therapeutic Area Communication Leader (TACL) Immunology strategizes and oversees the overall external positioning of Janssen’s Immunology Therapeutic Area (TA), which currently focuses on three disease areas (rheumatoid arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease and psoriasis).
• Leads and executes the strategic positioning and all aspects of communication for global Immunology R&D, GCSO (the Immunology Global Commercial Strategy Organization) and the Therapeutic Area.
• Implements integrated internal and external communi¬cation and issue management strategies to drive a fast-growing, high-profile global R&D business, its pipeline assets and emerging products
• Counsels and guides senior business leaders and teams in their strategic and personal communication
• Executes integrated stakeholder activation strategies, deal communication and partner management
• Drives workforce engagement strategies to inspire and increase the productivity of the Immunology team across global sites plus partner functions. The Immunology R&D growth and global footprint require a strong sense of meaningful culture among colleagues and partners
• Aligns with the regional and local businesses (commercial), supply chain, other sectors, corporate Global Communications & Public Affairs (GCPA) functions, Investor Relations, Government Affairs & Policy and other functions; plays a strong leading role in ensuring alignment among the regional commercial communicators responsible for Immunology.
• Furthers internal visibility and reputation of Immunology R&D in Janssen and Johnson & Johnson
• Leverages strong external networks (advocacy, NGOs, institutional stakeholders, academia) to benefit the TA business and patients
• Acts as a key driver of Immunology TA, Janssen and J&J growth, reputation and valuation over the next decade
• Directly supports the Global Head of Janssen R&D Communication in overseeing and leading a global team of ~25 and ensuring effective coordination, consistent processes and standards across the team, thereby maximizing alignment, reputation and business value/output as well as the team’s capabilities, people development and return on investment for the R&D business
• Helps the global Janssen R&D Communication team to deliver for the business and to strengthen Janssen Communication & Public Affairs, J&J Innovation Communication and Global Communications & Public Affairs (GCPA) functions
• Develops strong relationships and acts as a trusted advisor to senior TA science and commercial strategy leaders; coaches and guides them to develop their ability to engage and inspire the organization and external audiences, in a diverse, global environment; serves on Immunology R&D Senior Leadership Team (SLT)
• Drives meaningful business outcomes for Immunology R&D, Janssen and J&J, and sets appropriate direction based on deep understanding of the business, competitive environment and key financial levers
• Leads planning and execution of highly complex programs communicating the Company’s stake and progress in Immunology R&D through our assets, clinical milestones and speaking/interview activities at major global medical meetings, scientific publications, scientist speaking engagements and other major activities
• Leads/supports highly impactful, sensitive partnership, deal, TA/M&A, and other financial- and Investor Relations (IR)-related communication involving the Immunology TA
• Models and inspires integration of knowledge from internal and external networks; multi-stakeholder insights; and a broad understanding of the business, competitive and industry priorities to drive business and reputation outcomes, lead scientific positioning and issue management, and shape the environment for Immunology R&D’s medical solutions
• Shapes team approach to identifying and applying key outcomes metrics to communication practices, and provide insights that drive confidence, integration and alignment
• Maintains deep understanding of current issues in the global environment affecting the Immunology business and brands
• Builds appropriate issue prevention, management and mitigation strategies in alignment with Public Affairs colleagues, local and regional teams, and appropriate external partners
• Networks, builds and strengthens strategic relations on a global basis with crucial external stakeholders and influencers, including top-tier global, regional and trade media, key social media influencers, core third-party influencers and other relevant external constituents
• Oversees Immunology R&D communication budget and spending with the highest degree of fiscal prudence and responsibility; achieves annual goals & objectives within allocated budget. Manages external agencies across multiple Immunology accounts.
• Helps the Janssen R&D Communication team provide timely regional alerts, ensure appropriate processes for regional sharing and support, regional contacts and results monitoring
• Ensures proactive global monitoring, analysis, prevention and management of Immunology related issues that may impact stakeholder trust and company reputation
• Directly engages in, shapes approach to and globally leads and coordinates on issues involving scientific projects or brands, safety, clinical trial and regulatory issues, etc.
• Partners closely with Innovation, Global Health & Science Policy Communication, Janssen and J&J communication functions including Media Relations, Workforce Communication, the Content Lab, Strategy & Insights and other groups to ensure enterprise-wide alignment
• Serves as lead contact and spokesperson for top-tier and other media inquiries related to Immunology
• Prepares, trains and coaches senior leaders and company spokespersons for sensitive media interviews, stakeholder meetings and other external engagements globally
• Leads and proactively coaches and develops a healthy, high-performing and highly engaged Immunology communication team, promoting diversity, inclusion and ongoing personal development at all times
• Models and inspires a continuous improvement mindset to ensure self and the team stay on the leading edge of communications, change management, technology, social and other key trends
• Serves on Global Janssen R&D Communication Leadership Team (LT), the Immunology TA’s Senior LT, and additional LTs and Extended LTs with opportunities to develop and influence cross-Janssen and J&J communication programs and interact with top senior leaders and peers
• A Bachelor’s degree is required.
• An advanced degree in Communications or Journalism is preferred.
• Minimum of ten (10) years of experience leading and managing communication in a company, NGO, government agency or public relations agency is required.
• Proven experience in pharma R&D, related science communication or public affairs is required.
• Current or past work experience in Immunology R&D is preferred.
• Strong business acumen and demonstrated ability to build deep, authentic, successful relationships with top executives and scientists and strong influence with senior internal and external stakeholders is required.
• A confident yet agile personality, the ability to move fast and the ability to provide strong counsel in real time are required.
• Ability to drive workforce engagement strategies to inspire and increase productivity is required.
• Ability to manage internal and external networks in a matrixed environment is required.
• Current or past experience with direct people management skills is preferred.
• Proven track record of successful, independent public relations/communications, corporate communication, science communication, product communication, public affairs, and/or media relations achievements is required.
• Global mindset and successful track record of working in a global function, with direct experience of leading on international projects, issues and teams, and of competent internal and external stakeholder interactions on an international basis is required.
• Working knowledge of the financial disclosure process is preferred.
• Demonstrated thorough knowledge of R&D processes and the global landscape and key issues for biopharmaceutical science and innovation is required.
• Broad understanding of competitive and industry priorities that drive business and social value is required.
• Strong experience in crisis/issues management and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, global matrix environment is required.
• Deep understanding of traditional media, digital and social platforms and strong experience dealing with national and local lay, professional/trade and social media is required.
• Experience in managing budgets and resource allocation across large critical projects is required.
• This position will be based in Spring House, PA and requires up to 30% domestic and international travel
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Global Services, LLC (6085)