Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 8943190313
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson Innovation (JJI), a part of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for an intern for its Boston (Cambridge) location. Johnson & Johnson (J&J) is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the pharmaceutical, consumer health, and medical device markets. The more than 230 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ over 125,000 people worldwide.
JJI focuses on accelerating all stages of innovation worldwide and forming collaborations between entrepreneurs and J&J’s global healthcare businesses. JJI provides scientists, entrepreneurs, and emerging companies with one-stop access to science and technology experts who can facilitate collaborations across the pharmaceutical, medical device and consumer companies of J&J. JJI is comprised of a family of complementary teams: JJI, Innovation Centers; JJI, JLABS and JJI, JJDC. Through the work of these teams, JJI connects with innovators to create customized deals and novel collaborations that speed development of innovations to solve unmet healthcare needs. For more information, visit www.jnjinnovation.com or follow @JNJInnovation.
Johnson & Johnson Innovation, Innovation Centers (ICs), consists of four regional hubs—in California (South San Francisco), Boston (Cambridge), London, and Shanghai. The JJI Fellow will be an integral part of the Boston Innovation Center. She or he will work largely on landscaping projects and innovation opportunity sourcing, but may also work on other strategic initiatives.
- Working both with scientific experts and independently, develop and deliver landscaping analyses, competitive assessments, market assessments, SWOT and strategic overviews of particular areas of healthcare innovation (including in pharma, medical devices, consumer healthcare, health tech, and across sectors). Focus will be on early-stage innovation, with strong emphasis on drug discovery and asset development.
- Based on above analyses, develop coherent point of view on recommendations for the most attractive innovations, companies, and academic programs to pursue.
- Create both slide decks and written summaries of the innovations identified, and present findings to the JJI team, JJI leadership, and others
- Support Therapeutics Area/Consumer Leads and New Ventures team in conducting due diligence as needed
- Currently a PhD candidate or postdoctoral scholar at a top tier graduate program in the field of life sciences/medical technologies
- Availability to work up to 10 hours per week for (at least) 12 months
- Work to be completed primarily onsite at Boston Innovation Center and greater Boston area for meetings with remote responsibilities
- Legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Bachelor’s Degree in life sciences
- Demonstrated history of exceptional achievement, academically and otherwise
- Experienced creating visual and written content for executive-level audience
- Proven analytical skills with the ability to use data to frame, dissect and solve problems – quantitative strength and an ability to see patterns in data
- Highly proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; detail-oriented and thorough
- Ability to meet deadlines with changing priorities
- Exceptional problem solving and organizational capabilities
- Strong interpersonal skills (team player)
- High degree of flexibility and initiative; able to perform with limited direction
- Based in Cambridge, MA or Boston, MA
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
J&J Innovation LLC (6205)