Johnson & Johnson Careers
Microbiology Scientist 1
Fort Washington, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 8937190430
J&J Consumer Inc. is currently recruiting for a Microbiology Scientist 1 in Fort Washington, PA
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company Division of Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies, Inc. develops and markets baby care, wound care and skin care products that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals and incorporate the latest innovations. The portfolio includes heritage brands JOHNSON’S® Baby and BAND-AID® Brand, as well as leading skin care brands such as AVEENO® and CLEAN & CLEAR®
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $65 billion in 2011 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. The more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ approximately 119,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
• Ensure quality and compliance in all my actions by:
• Attend GMP training on the schedule designated for my role and as appropriate for my role
• Adhere to strict compliance with procedures applicable to my role.
• Exercise the highest level of integrity in the tasks that I perform
• In a timely and prompt manner, identify, report and seek correction for deviations noted in my workplace.
• Embrace a behavior of employee involvement and commitment to doing the job right the first time
• Provides testing and technical support in the Microbiology laboratory.
• Collection, processing and testing of raw materials, packaging components, finished products, in-process material and cleaning validation samples to guarantee that they conform with Microbiology specifications and standard operating procedures (SOPs)
• Support the review, data generation and/or writing of technical Microbiology documents such a SOPs, laboratory investigations, test protocols and Annual Product Reviews (APR).
• Maintain inventory of testing supplies, temperature monitoring, water sample collection and testing, environmental monitoring and other duties assigned by the Supervisor
• Trained to the role in which you are assigned as required for your job function in the applicable systems
• Utilize tools within MS office and other systems to improve business effectiveness
• Exposure to & working knowledge of electronic systems (Micro)
• Partner with training department to create training materials including curricula.
• Can act as qualified trainer in specific areas.
• Participate in all trainings.
• Ensure all trainings are completed on-time.
• Assists in gathering information and documentation as required.
• Participates in investigations as required.
• Provide support during regulatory inspections. Support may be in the form of scribes, runner, and document gathering.
• Attend GMP training on the schedule designated for the role and as appropriate for the role.
• Adhering to strict compliance with procedures according to the roles and responsibilities.
• Exercises the highest level of integrity in the tasks performed
• In a timely and prompt manner, identify, report and seek correction for deviations noted in the workplace.
• Embrace a behavior of employee involvement and commitment to doing the job right the first time.
• Strong working GMP knowledge. Communicates and identifies GMP gaps.
• Takes necessary action to eliminate and immediately address safety hazards. Communicate any observed unsafe behaviors immediately.
• Understands the safety concerns and promotes a safety conscience culture for their job function.
• Wears the appropriate PPE when working in manufacturing and other hazardous working environments and advocates standards of safety.
• Contributes and attends all EHS programs as assigned.
• Promptly communicates deficiencies to management.
• Maintains facility and work area in good working condition.
• Works with team to ensure all aspects of business remain compliant.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required. Degree in Microbiology, Chemistry, Biology, Natural Science, Medical Technology, or related science is required
• Minimum 1 year of GMP/GLP quality control Microbiology lab experience in a pharmaceutical and/or OTC and/or regulated environment is required.
• Basic knowledge/exposure of a LIMS system is preferred.
• Microbial Limit Testing required
• Capable of performing routine laboratory activities. Light to moderate lifting is required.
• This position is based in Fort Washington, PA and may require domestic travel up to 10%
• First shift (8:00 am to 4:30 pm) Monday to Friday. Alternate weekend and holiday work coverage is required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status
United States-Pennsylvania-Fort Washington-
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)