Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Scientist, Bioanalytical Method Development
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 8933190307
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Scientist, Bioanalytical Method Development within the PK Method Development group in Janssen BioTherapeutics located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
Janssen BioTherapeutics (JBIO) supports a wide range of therapeutic areas including Oncology, Neuroscience, Cardiovascular and Metabolism, Immunology, Infectious Diseases, and Pulmonary Hypertension. The PK Method Development group develops bioanalytical assays using various analytical platforms to characterize pre- and post-NME biopharmaceutical products in biological samples to support preclinical and clinical studies. As a Senior Scientist, the candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to the discovery and development of novel biologic drug therapies by providing scientific and technical PK support. The candidate will develop fit-for-purpose bioanalytical methods on various platforms to help internal project teams answer key questions related to mechanism of action, biotransformation, PK/PD, biodistribution, and matrix stability of biotherapeutics.
The scope of this new position will include:
- Represent bioanalytical DMPK function on discovery and pre-NME portfolio programs through membership on JBIO project teams.
- Interact with biologics discovery research teams to address key PK and bioanalytical questions, help design experiments, analyze/interpret results and contribute to strategic discussion to help identify molecular designs/constructs suited for lead candidate selection or to stop the development of evaluated candidates/constructs/programs.
- Interact closely with Discovery Translational Research group to design PK bioanalytical formats and interpret study results to help assess in vivo PK/PD for biotherapeutic candidates.
- Lead all scientific and technical aspects of PK method development activities to support early discovery and development of assigned projects.
- Accountable for the assimilation, interpretation and presentation of complex data sets at cross functional team meetings as well as JBIO and Biologics Development Sciences (BDS) scientific discussions.
- Coach and guide junior staff on scientific concepts and technical details of various bioanalytical methodologies.
- Able to manage all scientific and technical aspects of method development at CROs.
- The candidate should have a demonstrated technical track record in bioanalytical method development for biotherapeutic molecules.
PhD in Pharmacology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related degree with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in pharmaceutical research and development is required
Strong scientific background in pharmacology and bioanalysis of biopharmaceutical molecules in complex matrices is required
Experience/background in the discovery and development process for biotherapeutic molecules is highly preferred
Ability to work with human and animal blood or biological tissue specimens is required;
Experience in large molecule LC-MS/MS methodology is required;
Experience in immunoassays/ligand binding assays is highly preferred;
Background experience in CAR-T and gene therapy platforms is a plus;
Must display an ability to independently design and execute method development with deep intellectual curiosity;
Must demonstrate excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and ability to work across teams in a matrix environment is required;
Ability to work under limited supervision with a high level of autonomy with good documentation and organization skills is required.
Proven record of publications in peer-reviewed journals.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-Welsh & McKean Roads
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)