Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate NPI & CI Quality Engineer
Requisition ID: 8906180805
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for an Associate NPI and CI Quality Engineer, located in Warsaw, IN.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials.
Medical Devices & Diagnostics Global Services, LLC., represents more than 60 manufacturing sites and 26,000 employees who plan, source, manufacture and deliver high-quality and cost-effective medical products to our customers around the globe each day. Work of the MD&D Supply Chain supports a multitude of product platforms, new products and delivery systems that are used in a wide range of procedures throughout the healthcare industry, including interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, minimally invasive surgery, hospital sterilization, clinical laboratory testing, diabetes management, joint replacement surgery and vision care.
The Associate NPI & CI Quality Engineer under general supervision conducts assignments involving a specific phase of an engineering project which may include design, development, manufacturing, construction, installation, operation and maintenance. The incumbent may assist in determining objectives and planning schedules of multiple projects with few complex features.
The Associate Quality Engineer will utilize Quality Engineering tools and practices for the effective and efficient development, transfer and maintenance of products/processes throughout the product lifecycle. The incumbent will also utilize Quality Engineering principles and problem solving skills to improve and maintain products/processes that are aligned with the overall Quality and Business vision. He/she will utilize appropriate risk management to prevent unanticipated failure modes and improve capability of processes. This person will support processes in base business.
Major Responsibilities & Duties:
- Support quality and business continuous improvement initiatives to deliver on business strategic Key Performance Indicators.
- Support PDCA, Six Sigma, Kaizen, Lean Techniques, DIR, CRRM, JJPS and/or other improvement programs.
- Conduct benchmarking and network to develop more effective methods for improving quality
- Supports the development of quality engineering and quality compliance with the right skill sets for new product introductions, and product life cycle management.
- Review/analyze whether current product and processes (including actions or decisions conducted) are in compliance to standards such as the QSRs, ISO 13485, etc.
Champions compliance to applicable Global Regulations and standards (e.g. QSRs, ISO, EN and Medical Device Directive (MDD) requirements) including providing support during internal and external audits.
- Conduct periodic line audits to assess for production controls such as lot segregation. Review results of area audits to ensure that corrective and preventive actions are adequate.
New Product/Process Introduction
Partners with R&D and other cross functional partners to ensure the proper application of design controls, risk management and the investigation/correction of design failures/challenges.
- Supports new product introduction as part of design transfer.
Product Quality, Control & Disposition and Performance Standards
Supports activities related to the Material Review Board.
Conduct investigation, bounding, documentation, review and approval of non-conformances, CAPAs and customer complaints. Escalation of quality issues as appropriate.
Accountability and ownership for material identification, material segregation, classification of defect types including the successful application of these techniques on a day-to-day basis in manufacturing.
Analyze/review effectiveness of preventive and corrective actions. Review root cause investigation according to an established process.
Accountability and ownership of Quality metrics including maintenance and reviewing of leading and lagging indicators of qualityProduct/Process Qualification
Assume the Role & Responsibility of the Quality function on Process Validations or Verifications. It can include both not limited: Collaborate/Review/Approve IQ, OQ, PQ, TMV or Software Validation, pFMEA, Trace Matrixes, Inspection Plans, etc.Production/Process Controls including Control Plans
Partners with J&J Global Supply chain, Finished Goods and material suppliers to ensure appropriate application of Process & Computer Systems validation, process control, and risk management; and the investigation/correction of process failures when needed.
- Develop, interpret and implement appropriate process monitoring and control methods consistent with the level of process/product risk.
- Collect data and execute/conduct various analytical/statistical analysis and interpretation as part of process improvements and day-to-day support.
- Develop, interpret and implement standard and non-standard sampling plans
- Assess effectiveness of measurement tools, destructive tests, non-destructive tests, measurement system analysis.
- Assess and interpret common versus special cause variation in manufacturing processing and determine adequacy of current process limits.
- Document, justify, review or analyze whether a proposed change to a process will not enhance the risk level in some way beyond capability of current controls or whether change will result in potential non-compliance to a required standard such as the QSRs
- Assess the need for risk mitigation techniques given product classification, potential defect types, defect frequency, severity, patient risk, process capability, process controls, etc. Determine effectiveness of these techniques on previously implemented improvements
Ensures effective quality strategies are created for the validation of test methods, process and design.
A minimum of a Bachelors Degree, preferably in Engineering or related technical field. Generally, 1-2 years of related experience is preferred.
Experience working in both an FDA and European regulatory environment is preferred.
This position will require relevant experience working in manufacturing/operations.
Knowledge of product/process Risk Management (FDA and ISO standards) is desired.
Experience with implementation of risk mitigation is preferred.
Knowledge of statistical software packages is preferred with the ability to preview, graph and analyze data and be able to present data that facilitates/drives decision making.
The ability to perform "hands on" troubleshooting and problem solving is preferred. The ability to think on the feet and providing sound judgment is highly desired.
Good technical understanding of manufacturing equipment and processes is desired.
A thorough understanding of GMP/ISO regulations and validation regulations is preferred.
Knowledge and experience in the areas listed in the Duties and Responsibilities associated with the position.
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)