Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, Epidemiology RWE Operations
Requisition ID: 8905181205
The primary responsibility of the Director, Epidemiology RWE Operations Leader will be to support a specific 5-year grant-funded program with the following major responsibilities:
- Integrate input from cross-functional teams (clinical, stats, epidemiology., data management, programming etc) to manage the development of a platform for pragmatic clinical trials utilizing networks of real-world data sources including registries and electronic medical records, in collaboration with the Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research (CIBMTR) and Montefiore Medical Center
- Oversee site coordination and assist clinical teams with the identification and evaluation of potentially suitable data sources focused on the targeted patient populations and outcomes of interest.
- Build and establish a multistakeholder community and manage relationships with all stakeholders.
- Provide project management for the development of scope, design, infrastructure and governance.
- Work closely within a multidisciplinary team to define research questions, develop protocols, and implement solutions needed to achieve strategic goals.
- Remain up-to-date with the FDA/Regulatory Agencies positions and guidance regarding applications of electronic, patient-level real world databases and other emerging epidemiologic research tools.
- Master’s Degree in Epidemiology, Informatics, or a closely related field is required
- Minimum 10 years experience in academia, government or private sector/pharmaceutical industry, notably in network analyses of large electronic health record and health insurance claims databases
- Demonstrated expertise and productivity in observational research and deadline-driven research
- Experience working with networks of large administrative databases, registries, or medical records databases is required
- Project management skills and experience required.
- Influencing skills appropriate to working with external collaborators is required.
- Ability to travel domestically (approximately 10%)
- Experience in Oncology is required..
- Two + years of pharmaceutical industry experience is required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team, including remote and multidisciplinary teams is required.
- A sophisticated understanding of and the ability to interpret methods and communicate research proposals, protocols, and results is required.
- Experience working with health authorities as global experience is preferred.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)