Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 8904190409
Johnson & Johnson Vision is recruiting for a Senior Scientist, located in Jacksonville, FL
At Johnson & Johnson Vision, we have a bold ambition: to change the trajectory of eye health. That’s why, through our operating companies, we’ve developed solutions for every stage of life—to help people see better, connect better and live better. We partner with eye care professionals to provide some of the world’s leading products and technologies to address refractive error, cataracts, dry eye, and beyond. We are committed to using our reach and size for good, and strive to put quality eye care within reach of everyone, everywhere. Visit us at www.jjvision.com. Follow @JNJVision on Twitter and Johnson & Johnson Vision on LinkedIn.
The Senior Scientist within Analytical Characterization R&D at Johnson & Johnson Vision Care develops, optimizes, validates and transfers a variety of analytical methods in accordance with department procedures. In this role, you will recognize, diagnose, and correct instrument and method problems for various analytical techniques. You will represent Analytical R&D on project teams, present data with appropriate level of statistical analysis and write technical reports with general supervisory input. You will also collaborate with outside researchers to bring together both external and internal expertise and identify new technologies to help keep the group current. And finally, you will help manage the quality management system (QMS) for the Analytical team auditing laboratory issues such as non-conformances, out-of-specification (OOS) and out-of-trend (OOT) events. List of responsibilities include:
- Participate in Analytical Chemistry activities related to the development of new products.
- Perform method development, optimization, validation and transfer activities.
- Work towards the identification, assessment and development of new scientific concepts and technologies.
- Ensure quality conduct of analytical projects, including design, data summary and interpretation, report and manuscript preparation and review and adherence to applicable regulations.
- Make decisions regarding analyzing and interpreting data, drawing conclusions, and arriving at timely technical decisions.
- Modify methodology to improve the quality, accuracy, and usefulness of data.
- Participate in quality/compliance improvement initiatives, specifically measurement system analysis and measurement system improvements related to raw materials and samples.
- Audit laboratory findings for non-conformance, OOS and/or OOT issues.
- Review technical files regarding method validations and transfers.
- Review and submit laboratory documents into company database system.
- Properly retain records and raw data.
- PhD in Analytical Chemistry is preferred.
- Master’s Degree in Analytical Chemistry with a minimum of 3 years relevant R&D experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical field (Chemistry, Physics, or Materials Science) with a minimum of 5 years relevant R&D experience is required.
- Advanced understanding and application of principles, concepts, and practices of Analytical Chemistry is required.
- Advanced knowledge of chromatography (HPLC and GC) and mass spectrometry (LCMS and GCMS) is required.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Experience in an FDA regulated environment is preferred.
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external resources to meet project objectives is preferred.
- Proven record of delivering project results is preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are preferred.
- Familiarity with statistical analysis and design of experiments is preferred.
- Basic experience with research & development of novel contact lens materials, designs or processes is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of commercial contact lens products and competitive landscape is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)