Johnson & Johnson Careers
PRINCIPAL SCIENTIST - In Vitro DMPK
Requisition ID: 8895190307
· Janssen Pharmaceuticals Companies of Johnson & Johnson are recruiting for a Principal Scientist – DMPK to be located in La Jolla, CA.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals Companies of Johnson & Johnson are dedicated to addressing and solving the most important unmet medical needs of our time, including immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, oncology and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Driven by our commitment to patients, we develop sustainable, integrated healthcare solutions by working side-by-side with healthcare stakeholders, based on partnerships of trust and transparency.
The successful candidate will be a member of West Coast DMPK leading a team of scientists responsible for In Vitro Tier 1 and 2 ADME support of Discovery and Early Development projects. This individual will work closely with Chemistry and ADME teams to provide timely and seamless delivery of quality data to guide drug candidate selection. The candidate will collaborate with counterparts at other Janssen sites to ensure global implementation of best practices. The on-site responsibilities will include training junior personal, method improvement and problem solving, overseeing Tier 1 ADME Outsourcing, generating quality In Vitro ADME data to enable liability de-risking strategies (e.g. drug-drug interactions) and human PK predictions. He/she will also participate in preparation of research reports and other documentation to support regulatory filings.
· The successful candidate will have a PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences, or related field with a specific focus on DMPK area and at least 6 years of relevant industry experience.
· Strong understanding of DMPK principles and prior experience in supporting drug discovery, hands-on experience with ADME assay automation and LC-MS quantitation are required.
· The candidate must possess excellent interpersonal, organizational, oral/written communication and teamwork skills.
· This position is located in La Jolla, CA and may require up to 10% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-San Diego-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)