Johnson & Johnson Careers
ASSOCIATE QUALITY ENGINEER
Requisition ID: 8875180805
The Ethicon Surgical Care / Energy businesses, a part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for an Associate Quality Engineer.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms, and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, advanced energy, robotic surgery, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon business combines products and services of many market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago, as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 25 years ago, in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
As an Associate Quality Engineer, you will have the opportunity to use state of the art tools and take advantage of various training courses related to statistics, risk management, process control and anatomy, offered on-site. This position may be assigned to quality activities in new product development, life cycle engineering or supplier quality engineering. As the voice of quality you are also a voice of the customer within the core team.
The Associate Quality Engineer’s major responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Reliability modeling and test method development
- Ownership of the Risk Management File and FMEA development,
- Failure Investigation and Analysis,
- Requirement Definition and Verification,
- Data Analysis (hypothesis testing, DOE analysis, process capability, linear regressions)
- Component Qualifications
- Design and Process Validation
- Complaint Analysis (as applicable)
- Manufacturing Capability Assessment
- Procedure Development & Deployment
- Contributing to project plans as a team member under direction as needed.
A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree is required in engineering or other relevant technical field. A degree in Mechanical, Biomechanical or Biomedical Engineering is preferred.
- Previous co-op, internship or work experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership/participation in campus programs and/or community service activities is required.
- Data analysis especially in Minitab including but not limited to: Hypothesis testing, DOE analysis, Linear Regressions, and Process Capability is preferred.
- Knowledge of 21CFR820 and ISO 13485 is preferred.
- Design for Six Sigma is preferred.
- Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) is preferred.
- Knowledge of Risk Management tools like FMEA’s is preferred.
- Knowledge of CAPA Systems is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Comfortable working in a matrix environment and having the ability to connect with different functional groups and people who work at multiple levels while embracing and driving change.
Johnson & Johnson Companies are equal opportunity employers.
Primary location: Cincinnati, OH; North America, United States
Travel: Domestic and international travel requirement up to 10%
Organization: Ethicon Endo-Surgery
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)