Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Associate Scientist, Immune Biologist
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 8871180805
Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Associate Scientist, Immune Biologist located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. delivers on the promise of new treatments and ways to improve the health of individuals with serious disease. Built upon a legacy of innovative firsts, Janssen Biotech pursues advancing patient care with immunology and oncology solutions. Please visit www.JanssenBiotech.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
This is an opportunity to work with a fast paced research team that is focused on the discovery and development of biologic therapies. This position supports Janssen Biotherapeutics R&D through the development and analysis of immunization strategies and technologies to augment therapeutic candidate identification.
The Immune Biologist will:
Work closely with an integrated team of scientists to design and analyze immunization experiments and datasets with the goal of optimizing regimens for reliable delivery of therapeutic antibody candidates
Independently design and implement immunization experiments to optimize existing laboratory efforts while also developing novel immunization platforms and capabilities.
Critically analyze experimental data from both inside and outside the group to provide recommendations on future experiments
Assist in development of insights into B cell biology as well as antibody generation platforms such as Hybridoma generation and Single B cell cloning
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, or other relevant scientific field, with at least 7 years of industry research experience OR a Master's degree with at least 5 year of industry experience or with relevant academic experience is required
- Experience in pre-clinical immunology is required
- Experience in B lymphocyte cell biology is preferred
- Experience in assay development and optimization, cell culture and flow cytometry are required
- Experience with membrane proteins including GPCRs and novel immuno-oncology targets is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to propose and design experiments, troubleshoot issues with assay performance is required
- Ability to work in a matrix organization and effectively present results and conclusions is required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)