- Actively contributes to compound strategy decision-making by ensuring relevant research, analysis, and expertise is available.
- Leads CDT in partnership with line functions to successfully develop the compound such that its value is maximized over its lifecycle while costs and time are minimized without sacrificing quality.
- Builds team effectiveness and leads the Compound Development Team (CDT) to achieve its goals through the networks of people/functions represented on the team. when necessary, negotiates with function heads on functional deliverables.
- Challenges all functions on CDT to ensure that all issues and questions are being addressed, and that line function input into strategy and plans is adequate to meet the needs of the compound.
- Leads the development and maintenance of the compound development strategy in collaboration with the Project Manager (PM).
- Identifies potential issues and leads contingency planning; leads CDT problem solving and applies decision-making tools and techniques. drives CDT to make effective and efficient decisions.
- Leads resolution of conflict at the CDT, Oncology Senior Leadership team (Oncology SLT), Development committee (DC), Investment committee (IC), Group Operating committee (GOC) and joint steering committees for partnered compounds and senior management levels.
- Ensures successful implementation of clinical supplies strategy.
- Accountable for overall budget and project plan deliverables.
- Acts as co-chair of global project teams with alliance partners and aligns global strategy within a partnership, as applicable.
- Major collaborator for the internal alliance managers for partnered compounds and ensures lessons learned at critical nodes in the development path.
- Leads the communication of strategy, issues, and plans to the PMC, Oncology Senior Leadership team (Oncology SLT), Development committee (DC), Investment committee (IC), Group Operating committee (GOC), alliance partners, regional management boards, and other key stakeholders
- Represents the interests of the compound/brand along with the global commercial lead at the Oncology Senior Leadership team.
- Builds and maintains team effectiveness and satisfaction as well as drives innovation by benchmarking
- Works with functional management to: secure the required resources for project success, influence optimal team composition, align goals and objectives with CDT members, coach and guide CDT members and provide input for performance evaluation of CDT members.
• A PhD or MD with a minimum of 8 years of
experience is required.
• A minimum of 5 years in a Leadership role as a part of a Research-driven Pharmaceutical company is required.
• Experience in leading clinical development programs in Oncology is required.
• A solid understanding of and involvement in the entire drug development process is required.
• Proven ability to work cross-functionally with interdisciplinary teams to access and optimize resources for development programs and experience working in a matrix organization, is preferred.
• Business orientated, having managed resources and budgets with proven record of leading projects through successful transition from Discovery to Early development and advancement of projects through pre-Clinical and Clinical development towards a transition to full/late development.
• Strong track record of producing results in a matrix-based environment is preferred.
• The ability to influence and communicate effectively and efficiently is required.
• Strong problem-solving skills for developing creative solutions and meeting project objectives is required.
• Strong project Planning and tracking skills is required.
• Demonstrated ability for strategic thinking and contingency planning is required.
• Expert knowledge of the drug development process and familiarity with Pharmaceutical portfolio risk management is required.
• Must understand requirements for successful commercialization of a new product is required.
• Expert interpersonal skills for bridging between scientific and business participants, for negotiating timelines, resources and for effective international collaborations is required.
• Expert oral/written communication skills, allowing effective interactions with all levels of the organization is required.
• Expert critical and objectives interpretation of scientific and commercial information is required.
• Expert analytical skills for integrating and interpreting interdisciplinary project information is required.
• High degree of organizational awareness and understanding of change management is required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)