Johnson & Johnson Careers
Principal Scientist, Exploratory Biology
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 8865190306
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Principal Scientist located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
This position offers you an exciting opportunity to engage in the discovery of novel biotherapeutics for unmet medical needs. You will join a group of scientists within the T cell biology and Immune Modulation group to lead in vitro assay development and screening to support the discovery and development of monoclonal antibodies, therapeutic proteins and multi-specific large molecule therapeutics. A highly qualified candidate would play a significant role in defining key elements and process steps for achieving regional, functional, or new product strategies for R&D. As a key leader in the group, you would spearhead the design and implementation of multiple complex research plans.
- Working under limited supervision with a high level of autonomy
- Directing teams and setting project objectives for individual team members
- Supervision and management of Ph.D. and non-Ph.D. scientists
- Driving the analysis of highly complex issues and identification of significant improvements, changes or adaptations of existing methods and techniques
- Developing research solutions that require extensive synthesized analysis, detailed investigation, and uncovering new approaches
- Influencing or persuading others to accept new ideas that challenge the status-quo
- Frequently interacting with senior internal and external colleagues often requiring coordination across multiple functions and groups
- Collaborating with external networks or identification of consultants to develop ideas for specific projects
- The position requires a Ph.D. degree in Cell Biology, Immunology or a related discipline with a minimum 5-8 years of experience in an industry setting following post-doctoral work
- You have experience in supervising, managing and directing the work of non-Ph.D. or Ph.D scientists
- You have demonstrated past experience in the set-up, acquisition and analysis of multi-color flow cytometry or experience with imaging systems
- You have past experience in the design, execution and analysis of in vitro pharmacology studies, demonstrating receptor/ligand interactions or complex cellular functional assays
- Must have experience in Project leadership with focus on having lead and directed the execution of multiple projects and/or technologies where you used emerging developments in relevant scientific fields to generate new research ideas and initiatives to drive the development of a therapeutic
- Have an established scientific reputation through accomplishments directed toward the discovery and development of therapeutic agents in industry, including publishing work in journals, participating in patent preparation, oral presentations and experience in IND filings
- You have established expertise from a laboratory with oncology, immune-oncology, fibrosis or immunology focus.
- Your strong organizational and communication skills are required and you should be able to effectively lead cross-disciplinary teams, lead others in the preparation of scientific publications, patents, journals and presentations, lead the proper documentation of new inventions and discoveries and interpret and integrate data to make recommendations for critical discovery/ technology project decisions
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-Welsh & McKean Roads
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)