Johnson & Johnson Careers
IoT Solution Engineer, Digital Surgery
New Brunswick, New Jersey; Cincinnati, Ohio; Somerville, New Jersey; Mountain View, California
Requisition ID: 8846190307
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for an IoT Solution Engineer, Digital Surgery. This position can sit in Cincinnati, OH, Mountain View CA, Somerville, NJ or New Brunswick, NJ.
As the world’s most comprehensive medical devices business, we are building on a century of experience, merging science and technology, to shape the future of health and benefit even more people around the world. With our unparalleled breadth, depth and reach across surgery, orthopedics and interventional solutions, we’re working to profoundly change the way care is delivered. We are in this for life. For more information, visit www.jnjmedicaldevices.com.
The IT R&D Product Innovation group’s mission is to reach more patients and restore more lives by innovating and enhancing Johnson & Johnson’s medical device products. We are looking for a talented IoT Solution Engineer to drive the implementation playbook of our new Internet of Things (IoT) capabilities. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial mindset, excellent communication skills, and comfortable presenting to R&D software engineer. This candidate will be a passionate change agent and capable of driving IoT projects across the J&J Medical Devices sector. A passion for tinkering, prototyping, and keeping pace with industry trends in IoT is a must. We invite you to become part of a team that is breaking new ground in the ways J&J builds IoT solutions.
- Partner with R&D Product Lines to drive the “Edge” IoT development strategy and architecture
- Generate the IoT data models that represent the “digital twin” in the medical device
- Be the subject matter expert in communication protocols, for example:
- IoT Protocols: MQTT, REST APIs, DDS, AMQP
- Wireless Edge Access Protocols: Wifi, Cellular, Bluetooth, RFID
- Drive standards in the areas of device provisioning, remote software upgrades, and remote access
- Work with medical device software engineers to identity the telemetry data ingestion strategy taking into account computing power and the business value of the data
- Create the Edge computing strategy to optimize the processing of critical data signals within hospital environments prior to transmission to the cloud
- Partner across multiple operating segments including application development and Cybersecurity to realize the IoT vision
- Collaborate across the J&J matrix to define and deliver standard IoT platform(s)
- Partner with the R&D Product Development organizations to understand their IoT needs, help prioritize investments, develop use cases, generate processes, and develop overall solution requirements including application definition, integration, security, and system configurations
- Provide technical and thought leadership for the development and integration of new IoT solutions
- Lead virtual teams, manage project schedules and launch innovative new connected medical device products following SDLC processes
- Collect requirements from different directions, always orienting yourself to the concrete needs of the patient
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in IT or related Engineer field is required. A Master’s Degree in IT or related Engineering field is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of practical work experience in an IT, engineering, or related technical field is required.
- Strong knowledge of software development or engineering processes is required.
- Experience leading, managing, and delivering IoT projects is required.
- Demonstrable project experience using cutting-edge IoT technologies such as Microsoft Azure IoT, Azure edge runtime, PTC’s Thingworx, or other open source technologies is required.
- Familiarity with Docker technology is preferred.
- Subject matter expertise in IoT protocols such as REST APIs, MQTT, DSS, and AMQP is required.
- Subject matter expertise in Wireless Edge Access Protocols (WAN, LAN, PAN, Mesh) such as LoRA, Wifi, RFID, Bluetooth, zwave or others is required.
- Ability to manage the low-level details of a project while understanding the bigger picture of the IT strategy is required.
- With little supervision, must be able to define, shape, and drive projects to completion while effectively collaborating strategically with others is required.
- This position can sit in Cincinnati, OH, Mountain View CA, Somerville, NJ or New Brunswick, NJ and may require up to 20% domestic and international travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
North America-United States-Ohio-Cincinnati, North America-United States-New Jersey-Somerville, North America-United States-California-Mountain View
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)