Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr. Manager, Innovation
Jacksonville, Florida; Jacksonville, Florida
Requisition ID: 8836180805
Johnson & Johnson Vision is currently recruiting for a Sr Manager, Innovation to be located in Jacksonville, Florida.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded its footprint in eye health with the acquisitions of Abbott Medical Optics (cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK), and consumer eye health), Sightbox, and Tear Science and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Manager, Innovation, provides critical support to the platform Director to drive a major part of the global Vision innovation agenda. This agenda is focused on contact lens, consumer eye health, practice or other vision care related ophthalmic or optometric innovation. This Leader assists with developing, aligning and adjusting the global platform innovation and pipeline strategies. He/she also assists with leading commercial progress through new product development stages, as well as facilitating partnerships with R&D, Supply Chain, and other relevant functions. A key objective for this Leader is to enrich and strengthen the overall innovation agenda throughout the five-year strategic planning and long-term innovation horizons.
The Senior Manager partners with the platform Director to develop the innovation strategy and roadmap and has responsibility for executing and delivering on the platform innovation and pipeline vision. This individual is accountable for leveraging key insights, business strategies, internal and external benchmarks, best practices, opportunities and perspectives, to make the platform vision come to fruition.
- Collaborate with the assigned Director and cross-functional team to contribute significantly to the development of a rolling 7-year innovation pipeline plan for the assigned platform. This includes doctor and patient insight development, customer and market assessments, and defining new business, experience and product opportunities relating to eye health.
- Identify new areas of innovation to drive assigned platform growth – including but not limited to new products, business models, strategic partnerships or acquisitions, claims and benefit messaging, and packaging.
- Lead with accountability the commercial aspects of new product development projects through ideation, pre-stage-gate, and early stage-gate process. This includes:
- Generating concepts, opportunity assessment, partnership with technical partners on feasibility;
- Creating the global business case from regional input and demand forecasts;
- Defining the value proposition from customer insight;
- Crafting marketing strategy (including leading brand strategy and collaborating on other commercial aspects – e.g., product positioning, claims strategy, pricing, etc.).
- Lead the enrollment of cross-functional and regional partners and leadership to the global business case and commercial strategy for new products entering the stage-gate process.
- Collaborate with downstream Global Brand Management, channel development and regional partners to ensure brand consistency and global launch success by participating in later stage-gate launch strategy development and execution for new products.
- Support strategy results tracking and initiate continuous improvement.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required; an MBA or equivalent is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of progressive marketing experience or equivalent in healthcare marketing, strategic development, or product management (targeting consumers, patients or professionals) is required.
- Global new product strategy or new product development marketing is required with a demonstrated record of marketing leadership.
- Global brand management experience preferred, including but not limited to, brand strategy development, integrated communications/advertising delivery, business plan development / execution, and/or classical marketing training.
- Prior experience working with market insights/research, advertising agencies and agency management is strongly preferred.
- A demonstrated ability to influence cross-functional and senior management to impact decision-making is required as well as a track record in identifying winning consumer or professional insights, growth opportunities, and priorities.
- Prior commercial line management experience with coaching and mentoring skills to develop team members is preferred.
- Prior experience working with Global R&D, Supply Chain, Legal, Regulatory, and Clinical partners is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
North America-United States-Florida-Jacksonville
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)