Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Scientist, Mass Spectrometry
Requisition ID: 8832180412
& Development, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is
recruiting for a Senior Scientist, Mass Spectrometry to be located in
business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies-including
sutures, hemostasis products, surgical staplers, trocars, energy devices and
synthetic mesh devices-that are used in a wide variety of open and minimally
invasive surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment
of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women's health conditions, hernias,
cancer and obesity. The Ethicon business combines products and services
of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical
innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more
than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping
to transform the safety and effectiveness of surgery.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The successful candidate for this Senior Scientist position will become part of the Analytical Characterization team in partnership with the company's research and development organization. The major responsibilities of the candidate involve applying state-of-art Mass Spectrometry techniques to perform studies such as for trace unknown impurities in complex polymer matrices, degradation products of polymer systems, small molecules/polymer interaction products, extractable/leachable, etc. The successful candidate is expected to foster strong team collaboration with other analytical associates in techniques such as Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy & Gel Permeation Chromatography.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry or a related discipline with up to two years of industry experience or Master in Chemistry or a related discipline with a minimum five years of industry experience is required
- In-depth knowledge of Mass Spectrometry instruments and hands-on experience on instrument maintenance and troubleshooting is required
- Experience and knowledge with both GC/MS and LC/MS is preferred
- Familiarity with NMR, FTIR and other spectroscopic and chromatographic methods are preferred
- Experience in synthetic polymer and/or biologics analysis is preferred
- Excellent problem-solving ability is required
BE VITAL in your career. Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
United States-New Jersey-Somerville
Ethicon Inc. (6045)