Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manufacturing Value Stream Lead (Multiple Shifts) (Multiple Openings)
Requisition ID: 8828180412
DePuy Synthes is recruiting for a Value Stream Leader, located in Warsaw, IN.
DePuy Synthes is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopaedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
This role supports manufacturing operations in the areas of production, secondary operations, documentation, continuous improvement, and other duties associated with production of medical devices. Work is in accordance with all requirements for manufacturing medical devices per FDA regulations. The operations lead will facilitate value stream communications and process flow, serve as a primary point of contact for issue resolution, assist leadership in various functions, support operations to achieve departmental goals and coordinate with business partners throughout the plant. This postion will reports to the production supervisor.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow appropriate safety practices to prevent accidents to self or others
- Follow all laws and policies as they apply to one's job and to maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times
- Participate in and understand all compliance related activities pertaining to the job assignment
- Assists with coordination of preventive maintenance and 5S related tasks as it pertains to the assigned area
- Understand and execute lean initiatives (e.g. 5S, Standard Work). Suggest improvements to processes using lean principles
- Engage with others in a positive and constructive manner that is conducive to good teamwork in a production environment
- Proficiently perform process requirements and metrics in assigned area to meet safety, quality, compliance and production goals as well as training requirements
- Demonstrate consistency in results
- Work with other departments, department leads, trainers and engineers to resolve quality issues
- Identify and offer ideas and solutions for improvements based on applied knowledge
- Develop and maintains reports as required. Reviews hourly, daily and weekly production rates against schedule
- Support Manufacturing Continuous Improvement targets (CIPs)
- Support maintenance of training curricula and cross-training matrices
- Assist and coordinate production efforts to cover demand of a assigned cell or area
- Promote and encourage participation of cell members to identify opportunities for improvement
- Assist in development of SOP's, other control processes and practices
- Assists with quality non-conformance investigations and product dispositions
- Performs other related duties, as required
- A minimum of 2 years manufacturing experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or a minimum 4 years of manufacturing experience with a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong writing skills. Strong verbal communication skills with demonstrated leadership experience and ability
- Strong computer skills experience is required(e.g., Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio)
- Leadership ability and ability to motivate people.
- Ability to autonomously investigate and analyze raw data, and extrapolate conclusions is required
- Knowledge of manufacturing operations.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects/tasks.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail is required
- Must have ability to work overtime - over eight (8) hours a day, 40 hours a week and/or weekends to support business requirements
- Must be able to work on feet up to 100% of the time
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds on a regular basis along with occasionally performing two-man lifts for objects greater than 25 pounds
- Be primarily based on a specific shift but maintain ability to support other shifts on a temporary basis as needed
- This position will be based in Warsaw, Indiana
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)