Johnson & Johnson Careers
PRINCIPAL SCIENTIST- Immune Regulation
Requisition ID: 8827190703
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting a Principal Scientist located in San Diego, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. delivers on the promise of new treatments and ways to improve the health of individuals with serious disease. Built upon a legacy of innovative firsts, Janssen Biotech pursues advancing patient care with immunology and oncology solutions. Please visit www.JanssenBiotech.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This Principal Scientist will be part of a newly formed Immune Regulation group within JBIO’s Exploratory Biology. The core job of this position is to investigate druggable targets in regulatory immune cell types to modulate disease-associated pathways. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing functional assays to enable a deep understanding of the biology associated with these pathways. He or she may participate in the generation of tool molecules to elucidate mechanisms of immune modulation and to develop appropriate therapeutic platforms. In addition to the core job, the candidate may also lead project(s) in the JBIO portfolio once he or she is familiar with the JBIO biologics discovery process. This position demands a good understanding of the biological challenges facing multiple therapeutic areas as well as technical proficiency in the latest methodologies in target validation. To the right candidate, it offers high potential for growth in a drug discovery career.
- Design and perform experiments to validate existing and novel targets on cell types of interest.
- Characterize effects of tool antibodies on disease-associated pathways.
- Oversee and lead a group of bench scientists to advance platforms in immune regulation.
- Lead portfolio project(s) if necessary.
- Analyze and present data in professional “publication ready” format.
- Author primary publications. Demonstrate clear and professional verbal and written communication.
- Ph.D. degree in life sciences (immunology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related discipline in life sciences) is required.
- Six or more years of industry experience in pharmaceutical research is preferred.
- Proficiency in various experiments characterizing immunological function is required.
- Experience in expansion and functional characterization T regulatory (Treg) cells is preferred.
- Experience in investigating mechanism of immune regulation and strong publication record in such area is required.
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
United States-California-San Diego-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)