Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 8820190701
Biosense Webster, Inc. a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is hiring for an Engineer II for our New Product Development Group in Irwindale, CA.
Atrial fibrillation (AFIB) is a quivering or irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia) that can lead to blood clots, stroke, heart failure and other heart-related complications. 20 million people around the world suffer from AFIB each year.
Biosense Webster, Inc. is the global leader in the science of diagnosing and treating heart rhythm disorders. The company established its leadership in electrophysiology with the development of the first real-time, 3D cardiac mapping and navigation technology, as well as the first electrophysiology catheter. The introduction of the company’s CARTO® 3 System in 2009 revolutionized 3D mapping technology by increasing the accuracy, speed, and efficiency of the cardiac ablation procedure. If selected, you will be working with state-of-the-art technology to develop new catheters and creative manufacturing methods.
• Identifies, designs and develops the necessary equipment related to new product development.
• Performs material and processing tests.
• Studies the existing processes to implement improvements on new products.
• Responsible for preparing and managing specifications.
• Assists technicians and engineers to solve unusual technical problems.
• Responsible for purchasing and designing equipment that meets strict Johnson and Johnson safety and environment requirements.
• Performs activities of process/product validation.
• Occasionally, supervise, coordinate and technically revise the work of a limited group of technicians.
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering at a minimum with 4 years of experience, or, Master’s with 2 or more years of experience
• Preferably knowledge in the medical device industry
• Knowledge of good manufacturing practices (GMP) and documentation, preferably in the medical or pharmaceutical industry.
• Experience developing Design of Experiments (DOE) is required
• Knowledge of Statistical Process Controls and applications is preferred
• Knowledge of SolidWorks or other CAD software, MS Office computer programs.
• Must have solid oral and written communication
• Ability to speak Spanish or Mandarin is a plus
• Strong comprehension of standard costs and work standards.
• Position requires the ability to work in a cleanroom and office setting
• Regular use of clean room tools, as well as office tools, necessary to perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
• This position requires infrequent travel, approximately 10%. Travel can be both nationally or internationally.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Biosense Webster Inc. (6010)