Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Marketing Manager, Global Strategic Marketing – Endocutters
Requisition ID: 8819180805
Ethicon, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Senior Marketing Manager, Global Strategic Marketing (GSM) – Endocutters to be located in Cincinnati, OH. The position may require up to 30% travel.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies-including sutures, hemostasis products, surgical staplers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices-that are used in a wide variety of open and minimally invasive surgical procedures, and energy based surgical devices. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women's health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity.
The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was started within Ethicon, and was separated and moved to Cincinnati, Ohio over 20 years ago, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today along with innovative energy devices for surgery.
Learn more at www.ethicon.com or follow us on Twitter @Ethicon.
The Sr. Marketing Manager, GSM Endocutters - will assist in shaping and executing the global marketing strategy to drive platform growth and profitability for the Ethicon Endocutter portfolio, focusing on upstream marketing for the early-stage innovation portfolio.
The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying emerging unmet needs among target surgeon specialties and ensuring those needs drive innovation; facilitating R&D investment decisions by strategically framing alternatives and evaluating business impact; and providing direction for global growth opportunities to drive the Endocutter pipeline value. The individual will collaboration closely with R&D, NBD, Global Business Insights, Medical Affairs, HEMA, and Regional Marketing.
- Assist in shaping the Endocutter innovation strategy and executing against it, including assessing marketing opportunity, developing target product profiles, and developing the value proposition and overall business plan for early-stage projects.
- Collaborate with Endocutter brand team to refine overall portfolio strategy based on insights and ensure that early stage innovation aligns with this strategy
- Partner with R&D, Medical Affairs, and Specialty Marketing to ensure innovation is guided by emerging unmet needs.
- Regularly engage with customers and KOL’s to maintain a clear understanding of future trends and customer insights.
- Collaborate with Global Business Insights to execute market research initiatives around customer needs and product validation.
- Provide commercial input as a member of new product development teams to advance product concepts through the new product development process to achieve key development milestones.
- Build senior leader and organizational support for investments in new product concepts.
- Ensure applicable company compliance with all relevant country and regional requirements, company regulations, policies and procedures.
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required, Master's degree preferred
- A minimum of 8 years progressive business experience is required
- A minimum of 3 years of marketing experience is required
- Medical Device marketing and sales experience is highly preferred
- Previous regional in line marketing experience, and global strategic marketing experience preferred.
- Experience with Marketing Excellence/Mastery, including Launch Excellence principles is highly preferred.
- Experience in product development including needs assessment, portfolio management, new opportunity assessment, and product lifecycle management preferred.
- Experience with global brand management, influencing a Medical Device sales force and new product launch preferred.
- Market knowledge in Thoracic, Bariatric, or Colorectal surgery is preferred.
- Excellent cross-functional and management influencing skills and ability to develop customer relationships required.
- Proven ability to think creatively, design strategic solutions to complex problems, and an eagerness to learn is required.
- Demonstrated experience developing and leveraging customer insight required.
- Demonstrated competency building and executing marketing strategy required.
- Proven ability to collaborate successfully and lead high-performing cross functional teams is required.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ethicon Inc. (6045)