Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Scientist, Mammalian Cell Banking
Requisition ID: 8817180805
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Associate Scientist, located in Malvern, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The candidate for this position will perform cell banking for the Cell Culture antibody processes within the API-Large Molecule group. The candidate’s primary responsibilities will include the production, testing, inventory, and supply of Master and Working Cell Banks for clinical and commercial production of J&J biopharmaceutical and cell therapy products. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Culture and cryopreserve mammalian cells under GMP conditions using aseptic technique and following SOPs and batch record procedures
- Interact with internal and external customers to ship cell banks and supply critical information
- Participate on cross-functional teams representing Cell Banking
- Authoring technical documents and SOPs
- Work in a team environment as well as contributing individually to meet project timeline and objectives
- A BS in Chemical Engineering or Biological Sciences or Biochemistry and with at least 4 years of relevant experience OR a MS in Chemical Engineering or Biological Sciences or Biochemistry and with least 3 years of relevant experience is required
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in cell banking and cell line testing are required
- Previous work in a GMP environment and environmental monitoring experience is preferred
- Media preparation experience is preferred
- Experience maintaining written records of work in the form of (electronic) notebooks, technical reports and protocols is required
- Data reporting, ability to present findings to management, and experience with team-based collaborations is required
- Occasional weekend work is required
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)