NeuWave Medical a member of the Ethicon Surgical Care business within Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Product Development Engineer II, Lifecycle Management, located in Madison, WI.
The Ethicon Surgical Care business is comprised of the following businesses: Ethicon Surgical Care, Ethicon Biosurgery, Ethicon Energy, Ethicon Endomechanics, Ethicon Robotics, Megadyne, NeuWave, and Torax. With annual sales of $11 billion, the Global Surgery Group is the world’s largest, most innovative surgical company. The strength of the Global Surgery Group is illustrated by the fact that more than 80% of our sales come from businesses with #1 or #2 global market share positions. We serve customers around the world, with about 60% of our sales generated outside the U.S., including a fast-growing presence in emerging markets. The Global Surgery Group is committed to innovation, with about 30% of our sales coming from products introduced in the past five years.
The Ethicon Surgical Care business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon Surgical Care business combines products and services of two market-leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
This role supports Verification & Validation (V&V) testing and maintaining product needs for systems that are currently released. This role is required to lead design changes to support globalization of the NeuWave ablation systems. Responsibilities also include ensuring that cost, performance, and customer satisfaction goals are met. Develops concepts, designs and details for machines, tools, fixtures, and products.
• Provide technical direction and leadership to project team members in investigation and experimentation efforts
• Provide innovative platform, product, system, sub-system and component design solutions
• Perform detailed design analysis and provide guidance for detailed design specifications
• Establish and perform appropriate statistical testing strategies
• Formalize concepts and create prototypes
• Contribute to and/or coordinate integration of complex system and sub-system product medical device designs
• Participate in the development and update of Design FMEA’s to analyze the impact of design related risks.
• Create or update Design Inputs and Specifications, Bills of Materials, Drawings, Verification Protocols
• Lead design changes to support globalization of the NeuWave ablation systems
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or relevant discipline
• 2 years of design experience in a product development environment
• Proficient in technical writing of requirements, protocols, testing results, procedures, status and special reports
• Experienced in writing design requirements and verification test protocols, as well as executing protocols and writing reports
• Experienced with verification and validation testing
• Experienced in basic mechanical design engineering principles
• Proficient in mechanical CAD
• Good Communication skills; must be proficient in English
• Travel requirements – Up to 30% travel (domestic and international)
• Advanced Degree
• Medical device product development experience
• Basic understanding and working knowledge of current US and foreign government regulations regarding design and manufacture of medical devices
• Experience with design of experiments (DOE), statistics, FMEAs
• Experience with stress-strain analysis and FEA (finite element analysis), Strength of materials and failure analysis, and Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
• Experience working with Compressed Gas
• Experience with SolidWorks CAD
NeuWave Medical, Inc. (6229)
R&D Engineering (R&D)