Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Production Planner
Requisition ID: 8810181204
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Production Planner in Jacksonville FL.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care is the contact lens division of the largest and most comprehensive manufacturer of healthcare products in the world. Johnson & Johnson Vision Care has established itself in 20 years as the world leader in contact lenses and its ACUVUE® brand is currently the No. 1 selling lens in the world and is distributed in over 70 countries worldwide.
At Johnson & Johnson Vision, we have a bold ambition: to change the trajectory of eye health. That’s why, through our operating companies, we’ve developed solutions for every stage of life—to help people see better, connect better and live better. We partner with eye care professionals to provide some of the world’s leading products and technologies to address refractive error, cataracts, dry eye, and beyond. We are committed to using our reach and size for good, and strive to put quality eye care within reach of everyone, everywhere. Visit us at www.jjvision.com. Follow @JNJVision on Twitter and Johnson & Johnson Vision on LinkedIn..
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a Sr. Production Planner, you will be responsible for updating and maintaining the actual production schedule (1-13 WK Horizon) in local scheduling tools and creating process orders as per schedule.
Responsibilities include ensuring an optimized production schedule for the your brands and production lines, and optimizing the flow of materials, while considering the plant’s capacity, inventory levels and service targets.
- Responsible for building a constrained weekly master production schedule (MPS) and ensuring raw material availability.
- Planning and freeze period management of production activities (rescheduling, rework, outsourced work).
- Maintain inventories within goal, while minimizing excess, obsolete and expired products; develop overall inventory projections for specific products.
- Perform Rough Cut Capacity Planning (RCCP) for resources, shifts, equipment and shutdowns.
- Establish minimum order quantities (MOQ) and balance against overall equipment efficiency (OEE).
- Plant inventory management and control.
- Vulnerability report ownership & updates.
- Plant Slow Moving & Obsolete (SLOB) management.
- Resolve manufacturing conflicts for site/portfolio as they relate to production planning. Manage impact and communication of manufacturing driven change.
- Lead/support all compliance process activities including change control, deviations, events & nonconformance reports and assess supply impact.
- Provide asset specific input to the end to end supply chain processes and ensure planning master data (safety stock, lead times, etc.) in the ERP system are accurate and up to date.
- Participate in new product launch meetings and new product forecasts as a business partner and execute planning activities during phase-in phase-out programs.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required
- A supply chain certification (APICS/ IBF) is highly desirable
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience is required
- Experience with ERP – such as SAP, Manugistics and Advance Planning Systems preferred
- Data mining reporting skills through MS-excel (or equivalent) is preferred
- Proficient user of MS Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint is required
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required
- Capable of effectively communicating (written/verbal) to multiple level of leadership within the organization
- Ability to translate complex situations into simple working solutions
- Accuracy with attention to detail
- Proactive thinking and approach
- Ability to drive continuous process improvements and lead small scale projects
- Green Belt Six-Sigma certification desired
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)