Janssen Pharmaceutical Research & Development, L.L.C. is currently recruiting for a Senior Director, Compound Development Team Leader (CDTL)- Early Development Oncology, to be located in Springhouse, PA..
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. and we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in Oncology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Infectious diseases and Vaccines, and Cardiovascular and Metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com for more information.
We are Janssen, our mission drives us, our patients inspire us, we collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Senior Director, CDTL- Early Development Oncology provides leadership to a cross-functional strategic compound development team that designs and executes early development strategy to advance an asset to clinical proof of concept in alignment with TA and Commercial strategy.
Further, the Senior Director, CDTL champions the product/brand at all levels of J&J and is responsible for managing the alignment on communications on all CDT matters, as appropriate.
The Senior Director, CDTL will be responsible for, but not limited to the following responsibilities:
• In partnership with Discovery and line functions, establish an end-to-end plan spanning LLO to NME-declaration to ensure a robust monograph package that supports preclinical and early clinical development
• Lead the design and implementation of a robust cross-functional early development strategy for designated NME(s)/assets beginning with preclinical development through clinical proof of concept
• Lead the design and implementation of a robust strategy to deliver a potential drug (understanding its drug-like properties and its risks for development), thereby reducing the risk of discontinuation in Late Development
• In partnership with line functions, maximize the potential for early decision-making and portfolio prioritization by leveraging innovative fit-for-purpose development paradigms to assess whether the asset can meet target product profile/quality standards
• In partnership with Late Development and Commercial functions, establish clinical proof of concept study/studies that supports late clinical development
• Lead CDT to drive compound development, enable effective strategy planning and decision making, and achieve governance strategic alignment with senior leaders
• Actively contribute to Compound Strategy decision-making by ensuring relevant research, analysis, and expertise are available
• Accountable for overall budget and project plan deliverables, and risk mitigation strategies
• Ensure effective planning and negotiate with stakeholders to secure resources that the CDT needs to achieve its goals & objectives while minimizing cost and time without sacrificing quality; Proactively anticipate and address strategic and operational needs and challenges to resolve critical risks and communicate to all stake holders
• Champion the asset at all levels of J&J while bringing the portfolio perspective to the CDT
• Build high performing
teams and contribute to development of CDT members via feedback and mentoring
• Embrace the culture to perform the right experiment at the right moment with the right quality to enable decision-making
• Represent CDT among external stakeholders and ensure effective relationship with alliance partner(s) on partnered compounds
• Works with functional management to: secure the required resources for project success, influence optimal team composition, align goals and objectives with CDT members, coach and guide CDT members and provide input for performance evaluation of CDT members.
• A Bachelors degree
and a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience is required.
• A minimum of 5 years in a Leadership role as a part of a Research-driven Pharmaceutical company is required.
• A solid understanding of and involvement in the entire drug development process is required.
• Proven ability to work cross-functionally with interdisciplinary teams to access and optimize resources for development programs and experience working in a matrix organization, is preferred.
• Strong track record of producing results in a matrix-based environment is preferred.
• The ability to influence and communicate effectively and efficiently is required.
• Strong problem-solving skills for developing creative solutions and meeting project objectives is required.
• Strong project Planning and tracking skills is required.
• Demonstrated ability for strategic thinking and contingency planning is required.
• Expert knowledge of the drug development process and familiarity with Pharmaceutical portfolio risk management is required.
• Expert interpersonal skills for bridging between scientific and business participants, for negotiating timelines, resources and for effective international collaborations is required.
• Expert oral/written communication skills, allowing effective interactions with all levels of the organization is required.
• Expert analytical skills for integrating and interpreting interdisciplinary project information is required.
• High degree of organizational awareness and understanding of change management is required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
United States-New Jersey-Raritan
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)