Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr. Contracts & Grants Analyst
Requisition ID: 8805190429
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Sr. Contracts & Grants Analyst with a primary location of Titusville, NJ with consideration given to Spring House, PA / Malvern, PA and any other US location.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
You will be responsible for the development and analysis of contractual relationships including investigator grants including but not limited to drafting, negotiating, and finalizing agreements related to clinical trials and/or overseeing a Clinical Research Organization responsible for contract negotiations. Provide support to the clinical team in the pricing, planning, execution and control of grants and contracts.
- Prepare, negotiate, and finalize clinical trial agreements and ancillary agreements for company sponsored and/or investigator initiated studies through direct negotiation with clinical trial sites or via oversite of a Clinical Research Organization responsible for contract negotiations
- Deliver on established targets/measurements
- Analyze contract requests/needs from operating companies and translating into appropriate contracts/budgets for company sponsored and investigator initiated clinical trial agreements and other relevant legal documents as they relate to various clinical projects
- Ensure that contractual terms and provisions are in compliance with corporate process, systems, and strategies
- Provide specialized support for negotiations in confidentiality agreements, informed consent forms and other ancillary contract documents as required
- Analyze investigator grants for fair market value aligned with regional knowledge and the J&J grant pricing guidelines, and based on adequate scope of work, clinical trial protocol and other clinical trial information
- Participate in and/or lead the approval escalation of grants as appropriate
- Work with the global C&G team as necessary to review and analyze contractual terms and conditions in order to reach acceptable language
- Assess risks of budget and legal provisions in conjunction with members of the C&G team and support functions and communicate such to stakeholders
- Liaise with C&G management and functional C&G support teams, legal, Healthcare Compliance, Risk Management, Privacy and other stakeholders to obtain guidance and escalate issues as appropriate
- Assume responsibility for all aspects of legal document and metrics tracking
- Determine potential needs for contract amendments and manage amendment lifecycle
- Work proactively to improve processes and establish refinements that reduce cycle time, create savings and improve efficiency in the initiation of clinical trial sites
- Mentor and train new contract coordinators and analysts
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in appropriate scientific or business disciplines, an Advanced Degree is preferred
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience and/or equivalent competencies in legal/ pharmaceutical industry/clinical research is required
- Working knowledge of the clinical development process with two (2) years of negotiation and contract experience is required
- Familiarity with healthcare compliance and other relevant guidance (HIPAA, FCPA, Safe Harbor, etc.) is preferred
- Familiarity with clinical research processes is preferred
- Ability to work effectively in cross function teams is required
- Strong and proven negotiation and problem resolution skills is required
- Working knowledge of PCs (MS Office suite at a minimum) and database management is required
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time domestically and/or internationally is required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-
North America-United States, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Malvern
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)