Johnson & Johnson Careers
Scientist, Exploratory Biology
Requisition ID: 8802180412
Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Scientist to be located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Biotherapeutics (JBIO) in Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Scientist for Antibody Discovery in Exploratory Biology located in Spring House, PA. Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
In this laboratory-based position, the Scientist in JBIO will join a group of researchers within the Exploratory Biology assay group to conduct in vitro assay development and screening to support the discovery and development of monoclonal antibodies and multi-specific large molecules therapeutics.
The position offers an exciting opportunity to engage in the discovery of novel biotherapeutics for unmet medical needs. The role would involve:
- Designing and executing non-routine experiments with minimal supervision
- Independently analyzing and interpreting complex experimental results and draft protocols, SOPs, technical reports etc.
- Generating and maintaining experimental data in an electronic laboratory notebook in a highly organized manner is essential.
- Interfacing effectively and positively with all levels of colleagues in research and non-clinical functions as well as engaging external CRO collaborations.
- Independently presenting or defending scientific findings in cross-functional projects/initiatives
- Masters Degree in Immunology or Cell Biology or a related discipline with a minimum 12 years of laboratory experience OR a PhD in Immunology or Cell Biology or a related discipline with relevant laboratory experience
- Experience handling in vitro immune cell techniques is required
- Industry experience is preferred
- Primary immune cell culture experience and advanced cell culture technique is required
- Demonstrated proficiency in assay development is required
- Experience in set-up, acquisition and analysis of multi-color flow cytometry required
- Demonstrated expertise in either oncology or immunology through publications, meeting abstracts and technical reports is preferred
- Strong organizational and communication skills with demonstrated ability to act as a functional lead and effectively manage tasks within cross-disciplinary projects is required
- Demonstrated experience in working with CRO to progress projects through milestones is required
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)