Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, Commercial Operations
Requisition ID: 8801180802
Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP), is recruiting for a Director, US Commercial Operations located in Irvine. The ability to travel up to 20% domestically may be required.
Advanced Sterilization Products designs and delivers innovative infection-prevention solutions, from low-temperature sterilization to high-level disinfection, and is a global market leader setting the standard in sterilization.
Johnson & Johnson announced that it has received a binding offer from Fortive Corporation to acquire Advanced Sterilization Products(ASP). If the offer is accepted, the proposed transaction would be expected to close no later than early 2019, subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approvals. Should you receive and accept an offer for this position, upon completion of the transaction, your employment with ASP will transfer to Fortive according to local law and will be governed by Fortive’s employment processes, programs, policies and benefits plans.
The Director, US Commercial Operations plays a critical leadership role within the ASP US Commercial organization and serves as a member of the ASP US Commercial Leadership team. The Director is responsible for leading and managing the commercial operations function while supporting ASP customers & the US field sales organization. Responsibilities include leading the inquiry to order management process, managing the relationship and performance of order to cash service providers and directing the administration of capital quoting and contracting for the sales and services organization. In addition, this leader will create the vision and provide strategic direction for the development of compensation, awards and recognition, forecasting, pricing, contracting, compliance, and deployment systems for the ASP commercial operations organization.
As a member of the ASP Commercial Leadership Team, you will make significant contributions to the overall success of the company through their contributions to the team and their abilities to optimize the Commercial operations department towards its goals. This role requires close and consistent collaboration with Sales, Marketing, Finance, Compliance and manufacturing to ensure the interests of the sales organization are well represented in all phases of product and strategy development as well as ensuring that the direct field selling organization has the appropriate business tools, support expense allocation, monitoring, sales analytics and reporting infrastructure to consistently exceed sales targets.
- Leading the inquiry to order management process for ASP, managing the relationship, performance and contract renewal of order to cash service providers.
- Providing strategic direction for the development of compensation, awards and recognition, forecasting, pricing, contracting, compliance, and deployment systems for the sales and service organizations.
- Directing associates in the development and implementation of programs, initiatives, and tools that use appropriate metrics and facilitate the accomplishment of commercial sales, service, and marketing goals.
- Providing guidance and decision support to senior management for compensation, forecast, and field deployment/alignment changes in response to both internal and market changes
- Directing administration of commission plans and supporting systems; create, implement, and monitor compensation and performance management systems to drive field force effectiveness.
- Direct the development and refinement of forecast and budget models.
- Direct development/automation of reports and other information generated from service provider systems.
- Partner and support the corporate account teams in contract development, letters of commitment, redlining, performance management and audit management
- Direct the development in the implementation of ASP contract systems and strategies.
- Management of consignment contract development and ongoing maintenance through 3rd party vendor
- Directing the administration of capital quoting and contracting for the sales and service organization.
- Managing the Customer advocate group that is responsible for compliant quoting, order processing, and install coordination with the customer
- Third-party vendor management (e.g., customer eligibility, credit billing & adjustments dispute management)
- Compliance responsibilities include participation in Pricing and Government Compliance committees, in addition to owning SOX compliance and safe fleet
- Direct and manage daily activities and relationships with IT to ensure data integrity
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required, advanced degree or further qualifications (e.g., M.B.A.) preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of business experience is required with previous sales, marketing, finance, commercial operations and/or customer services preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of direct people leadership and team/organization development experience required
- Previous experience in one or more of the following areas is required: commercial and contract administration, proven field team support, and/or compensation plan design/management.
- Capacity to review data sets and discern trends, anomalies, and opportunities for improvement in deployment, alignment, and compensation systems.
- Exhibit creative thinking and strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills at various levels of management.
- Strong interdependent partnering skills.
- Thorough project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing environments.
- Exhibit strong presentation skills and the ability to influence others.
- Ability to effectively translate to key business leaders the strategic and organizational implications of compensation, forecast, and deployment to allow for informed decisions that support business objectives.
- Ability to establish and maintain credibility as a knowledgeable business partner across business functions.
- Ability to develop, motivate and inspire talent through strong people leadership capabilities
- This position will require domestic travel up to 20% of time and may include weekend travel.
Ethicon US, LLC (6040)