Johnson & Johnson Careers
Operator I, Materials Distribution
Requisition ID: 8793180802
DePuy Synthes is recruiting for an Operator I, Materials Distribution - 1st Shift, located in West Chester, PA.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
Thriving with a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Operator I, Materials Distribution - 1st Shift will be responsible for working within established FDA guidelines, regularly interfacing with cells, materials, maintenance, inspection and accounts payable employees. This individual will handle data entry, recording and allocation of raw material, as well as transport of materials to cells and storeroom.
• Be responsible for receiving purchased materials/services from shipping companies.
• Ensure all corresponding documentation is correct.
• Check accompanying paperwork for completeness and accuracy.
• Assist in loading and unloading of deliveries/pickups.
• Visually inspect and package diverse types of materials/product, following established procedures.
• Record all necessary transaction in JD Edwards (JDE) system.
• Distribute materials/product/tooling to appropriate areas.
• Prepare all documentation for shipments.
• Pack orders for shipment/pickup.
• Assist Inventory Specialist with cycle counting as needed.
• Cut samples for recertification contractors and complete all necessary paperwork. Maintain area records.
• Train new or temporary help as needed.
• Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to the role and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
• Diligently participate in our compliance program-related activities as denoted by your supervisor or our Chief Compliance Officer.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• A minimum of 1 year of related shipping, receiving and packing experience is preferred.
• Basic math skills required.
• Basic knowledge of inventory management is required.
• Experience using pallet jacks, forklifts and related equipment is preferred.
• The ability to work well in a collaborative environment is required.
• The ability to exercise great attention to details is required.
• Must have strong communication skills.
• Basic computer skills required.
• The ability to lift up to 50 lbs. is required.
This position is located in West Chester, PA and is on 1st Shift. Must be willing to commute to West Chester, PA and available to work the 1st Shift hours (7:30 am - 4:00 pm) on a daily basis. There may also be some overtime available as determined by the business, along with some Saturday hours.
United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester
Synthes USA Products, LLC (6317)
Materials Management & Distribution