Johnson & Johnson Careers
SR ASSOCIATE SCIENTIST- Immune Regulation
Requisition ID: 8781190628
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting a Senior Associate Scientist located in San Diego, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. delivers on the promise of new treatments and ways to improve the health of individuals with serious disease. Built upon a legacy of innovative firsts, Janssen Biotech pursues advancing patient care with immunology and oncology solutions. Please visit www.JanssenBiotech.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This Senior Associate Scientist is a laboratory-based position in the Exploratory Biology group within Biologics Discovery. The group supports all therapeutic areas (TA) at Janssen Biotherapeutics (JBIO), especially in areas pertaining to immune regulation. Successful candidates will be part of a team investigating mechanisms of immune control and suppression as well as novel therapeutic platforms that can modulate these functions. He or she may design experiments to characterize regulatory pathways controlling immune responses, carry out experiments to characterize potential targets that can modulate these pathways, and evaluate effects of tool and therapeutic molecules against such targets. Experience in flow cytometry, cell culture, functional assays is required. Candidates will have to conduct non-routine experiments in a fast-paced multitasking environment and be able to work with other colleagues in JBIO in a matrix setting.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Perform literature research, design, perform and interpret in vitro and ex vivo experiments including: flow cytometry, immunoassays of various formats, cell proliferation, cytokine profiling, cell-based functional assays, immune cell isolation from whole blood or tissues, cell culture, reporter assays, transcription assays (such as quantitative RT-PCR). Troubleshoot where necessary.
- Analyze and present data in professional "publication ready" format.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and manage multiple experiments simultaneously.
- Keep up-to-date with the literature in his/her field.
- Demonstrate clear and professional verbal and written communication.
- Master’s Degree in life sciences (immunology, oncology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related discipline) in life science with 6 years of experience is required.
- Experience in multi-color flow cytometry is required; experience in cell sorting preferred.
- Experience in cell-based immunological functional assays is required.
- Experience in T regulatory (Treg) cell isolation, expansion and functional characterization is preferred
- Experience in testing antibodies in in vitro functional assays, especially pertaining to immunology or oncology, is required.
- Experience working in industry is preferred.
United States-California-San Diego-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)