Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Portfolio Sr. Manager NA PMO
Skillman, New Jersey
New Product Intro-Life Cycle Mgmt
Requisition ID: 8778180412
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company, Division of Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies, Inc. is searching for a Portfolio Sr. Manager NA PMO for our Skillman, NJ location. This position reports to the Director, NA Project & Portfolio Management.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
You will be responsible for developing and supporting the North American Regional NPD Portfolio through analytics & support to drive business results and ensure delivery of strategic plan goals through PMO execution. Supports making decisions about investment mix and policy, matching investments to objectives, and balancing risk against performance. The development of this capability will enable common process and approach to help deliver a maximized innovation pipeline with balanced risk and resources sufficient to meet business and strategic plan goals for Baby, Beauty, and Health E and in North America.
The position will help support an evaluation process that includes key fundamentals from marketplace performance new product pipeline launches to optimize future project selection, improvement and optimization of the overall innovation and new product process.
The Sr Portfolio Manager will be responsible for:
• Developing an in depth understanding of various business processes, governances and supporting systems (Instantis, Gensight) and the tools/templates used for project & portfolio management
• Support franchise/squad Project Management (PM) leads in synchronized with Long Range Strategic Plan / Operational plan and franchise / regional strategy;
• Support franchise/squad PM leads enabling portfolio resource allocation process
• Leads the consolidation of a total NA Portfolio and the portfolio prioritization and optimization process through total portfolio analytics
• Act as point of contact and establish, maintain and improve processes around data integrity in GenSight & Indigo
• Leads the development of common tools and templates to be leveraged by the Franchise and/or Squad PMO leads in coordination & prioritization of resources across Franchise projects and manage / optimize links & risks between projects
• Develops and secures alignment for PMO dashboard to link business deliverables and cross functional objectives and will measure actual vs. planned portfolio project including new product, and in process results.
• Supports the Operating Plan process by being the interface and lead on Operating Plan Tableau enhancements including integration of New Product and Base Business views and information
• Use strong business knowledge, technical skills and sound judgment to effectively assess Portfolio risk, communicate issues or areas of opportunity, help develop contingencies and determine when to elevate issues
• Utilize excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills to appropriately inform various levels of the organization and team members in a timely manner
• The Portfolio Manager will work closely with and engage with the Regional Sr Executive Commercial Leadership Team, the NA Supply Chain Leadership Team, Global and Regional Project Management organizations as well as the Regional Marketing organizations to influence, shape and deliver the above.
• A Bachelor’s degree is required. An advanced degree (MA, MS, MBA) preferred
• A minimum of 8 years combined business experience within the following areas is required: Project Management, Engineering, Research and Development, Sales, Planning, Finance, Marketing and/or Operational function
• A minimum of 2 years experience leading end to end projects preferred
• Project Management Training and/or Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred
• Advanced Excel skills are highly preferred with proficiency in MS Project, MS Powerpoint and Portfolio management software (Instantis/Gensight) preferred
• Experience launching new products or managing product changes is preferred
• Working in a GMP or regulated environment (Pharmaceutical, Medical Device and Diagnostics, or Consumer Product) preferred
• This position may require up to 10% travel domestically and internationally required
• Must be able to work independently and without direct line management authority over team members
• This individual must have strong analytical skills and leadership skills to provide solid business and product-focused conclusions and recommendations.
• This role requires an entrepreneurial mindset and be able to facilitate a startup function and the ability to lead in a new area “white space” important.
• Excellent communication skills, and organizational skills while possessing the ability to influence and constructively challenge cross-functional project teams and senior business partners to achieve business objectives is needed.
• A proven track record of meeting the project objectives by successfully managing, tracking and implementing successful strategies in regards to scope, quality, time and cost is needed
• Must be accountable, work well under pressure and have strong time management and prioritization skills
• Must be comfortable challenging status quo and looking for ways to improve processes
United States-New Jersey-Skillman
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)
New Product Intro-Life Cycle Mgmt