Janssen Pharmaceutical, Companies of Johnson & Johnson, is currently hiring a Senior Statistical Programmer, located in Canada as a home base position.
At Janssen, we are dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important unmet medical needs of our time in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, metabolic and chronic diseases and women’s health. Driven by our commitment to patients, we bring innovative products, services and solutions to people throughout the world. Janssen Inc. is a member of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson. Please visit www.janssen.ca for more information.
The Senior Statistical Programmer within IDAR is an individual contributor with in-depth knowledge of statistical programming and data structures who supports Statistical Programming activities within the Statistical Programming and Analysis functional area in accordance with departmental processes and procedures. You will be accountable for the development, verification, and documentation of code used for the analysis and reporting of clinical data and be responsible for the timeliness and the quality of assigned deliverables supporting clinical projects and submissions. You will be a member of a programming team overseen by the Programming Lead, support programming activities of medium to high complexity with minimal guidance and contribute to departmental innovation and process improvement projects.
- Design and develop statistical programs in support of clinical research analysis and reporting activities.
- Perform appropriate quality control and verification in support of assigned clinical research analysis and reporting activities.
- Maintain Statistical Programming documentation as appropriate.
- Complete programming tasks of medium to high complexity with high quality and timeliness of deliverables.
- Perform activities in compliance with departmental processes and procedures.
- Collaborate effectively within statistical programming and with cross-functional team members and functional counterparts, including internal and external members as required.
- Critically review requirements and data, identify gaps, propose solutions, and apply expertise to improve efficiency of programming tasks and/or improve overall quality of programming deliverables.
- Ensure continued compliance with required company and departmental training, time reporting and other business/operational processes as required for position.
- Report into people manager position within the Statistical Programming and Analysis functional area (Statistical Programming Leader (SPL) or similar). Accountable to the project/program Programming Lead for assigned programming activities.
- Functional contacts within IDAR include but are not limited to, SPL, Lead Programmers, Data Management, Regulatory Medical Writing
- Functional contacts within Janssen (as collaborator or peer) include but are not limited to Quantitative Sciences, Biostatisticians, Clinical – Primary interfaces within clinical project (trial), program, and submission teams
- External contacts include but are not limited to external partners including CROs
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent degree in computer science, mathematics, data science/analytics, or other relevant scientific field (or equivalent theoretical/technical depth)
- A minimum of four (4) years of relevant work experience with two (2) years of solid programming in data management or scientific field within the pharmaceutical industry
- In-depth knowledge of relevant statistical programming languages including SAS
- Working knowledge of processes and concepts relevant to Statistical Programming
- Basic knowledge of relevant regulatory guidelines (e.g. ICH-GCP) and relevant clinical R&D concepts
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with programming languages (e.g. R, Python etc preferred), and data structures
- Efficacy experience and experience working on complex algorithms in Oncology studies
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Janssen Inc. (7710)