Johnson & Johnson Careers
IT MANAGER PRODUCT LINE OWNER
Requisition ID: 8771181207
Johnson & Johnson
is recruiting for a Manager, Product Line Owner for the Corporate Business
Technology (CBT) organization. The product line encompasses the Finance North America
solutions. The position is located on the World Headquarters campus of Johnson
& Johnson in New Brunswick, NJ.
The Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, caring for the world one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 132 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and, services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.4 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of healthcare products, as well as a provider of related services for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 134,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
JNJ Corporate Business Technology (CBT) is recruiting for a PLO to manage the Financial applications running on the NA platforms. This role will be responsible for the vision and priorities of Projects and enhancements on those platforms and all associated feature/function/capabilities delivered in support of Finance. The role requires close collaboration with key stakeholders across all levels of the JNJ organization in the planning, implementation, deployment of programs and projects.
This position is responsible for Technology strategy development for the Global Financial systems group in relation to the NA platforms. The role provides oversight and direction for multiple initiatives, driving global strategy development as well as the planning, execution/implementation and operational aspects of all areas supporting a wide variety of business and Technology initiatives across the NA Finance business. The position requires an understanding of Finance policies, procedures, regulation requirements, Technology platforms / capabilities and operational support. The key focus is on delivering strategic and innovative solutions to the business while ensure operational excellence.
The individual manages relationships with Finance leader including external interactions / relationships with key Technology application suppliers.
The candidate will be required to provide subject matter expertise working directly with business partners, contractors, and other J&J organizations.
Key Responsibilities of this role include:
- Sets a clear vision for the product and is responsible for multi-generation product strategy
- Maximizes ROI by identifying and prioritizing the product features by business value
- Define, ensure alignment and execute global strategies and solutions; partner with the business to identify opportunities for using technology as an enabler to improve, automate, simplify business processes and optimize total cost of ownership. Continuously manage business partner expectations.
Business Technology interface:
- Understand the business’s needs and priorities from the product
- Negotiate with the business to see what items (story points) are built and which are backlogged based on capacity
- Accountable for the development work getting done correctly
- Participate in the business planning activities by identifying future business demand and ensuring appropriate funding is in the business plan.
- Drive business process improvement initiatives and champion the change management efforts of Technology initiatives within the business partner community
Business Requirements Analysis
- Partner with the business to understand and define business drivers and requirements of the initiated program(s)/project(s). Ensure design gap analysis and prototyping, test script authoring and execution, and deployment activities as needed.
- Understands development estimates and how levels of effort impact the priority of requirements
- Tracks progress of all Finance product development in the context of the larger program
- Prepare and deliver regular updates and communications (verbal and written) to the Business and Technology Leadership teams, and extended business partners.
- Has a combination of global and regional accountability depending on product line scope.
- Ensure Service Level Agreements are established and meet expectations of the business partners.
- Lead projects of medium to large complexity, and act as Liaison between the various Technology organizations to ensure successful delivery of initiatives to the business partners.
- Provide coaching/guidance to peers, junior team members, co-ops and/or consultants.
- Consistently demonstrate knowledge seeking and sharing behaviors across Technology organizational boundaries in the performance of daily work and encourage junior associates to do the same.
- Apply principles, concepts, and practices of the J&J Leadership Imperatives.
- Interface with suppliers and vendors to evaluate software, hardware, or services and make recommendations. Partnering with Vendors to ensure compliance with J&J standards, policies and procedures
- Ensure that J&J information assets are appropriately identified and valued, and are protected by complying with and enforcing all local and worldwide security policies.
- Ensure that security is considered and emphasized in all Technology plans and actions
- Business unit users
- Application developers and testers, architects
- Scrum master/project manager
- Business analyst
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of Technology experience.
- A minimum of 6 years of Finance domain knowledge and SAP Technology is required
- People leadership experience is preferred
- Experience in managing matrix-based project teams including internal resources and contractors.
- Experience in managing complex global projects, processes and systems.
- Experience with modern cloud based application delivery (such as SaaS).
- Business case/value case management experience.
- Hands-on disciplined project management skills.
- Experience with software validation in regulated environments.
- Working knowledge of core application development principles and SDLC methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team and manage work in accordance with full system life-cycle (SDLC) from concept to production deployment.
- Hands-on experience supporting an application portfolio (post-launch).
- Proficiency in explaining technologies effectively to customers, communicating technical concepts in non-technical terms.
- Experience in agile / agile scrum methodology.
- Experience with agile delivery tools such as Jira.
- Hands on understanding of Design Principles (User Interface and Business Process Mapping).
- Ability to operate independently and interface with senior business leaders.
- Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision, both written and verbal.
- Self-starter with strong teamwork abilities and customer service skills.
- Extreme focus, attention to detail and delivering high-quality solutions
- Strong background and experience in virtualization, network and other technologies.
- Prior experience in supporting global operations and following Enterprise level process frameworks such as ITIL.
- Up to 15% travel, both domestic and international.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
Johnson & Johnson (6067)