Johnson & Johnson Careers
ASSOCIATE SCIENTIST 2
Requisition ID: 8770190305
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As a member of the Janssen Developability Group at our La Jolla, California site, you will be responsible for performing developability assessments of discovery compounds using experimental methodologies and in silico tools and for the development and preparation of pre-clinical formulations. You will be responsible for generating data under the guidance and supervision of senior scientists, while maintaining accurate and well-organized laboratory records, worksheets and notebooks.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Develop and perform analytical method development for small molecules, forced degradation analysis and preformulation studies, solubility measurement, solid-state characterization using techniques such as, HPLC, particle size measurement, XRPD, DSC, TGA, vapor-sorption analysis etc.
· Design, carry out, and interpret preformulation studies on potential drug candidates, with the purpose of defining their physicochemical and biopharmaceutical properties relevant to the route of administration
· Design and develop fit-for-purpose preclinical formulations (conventional and enabling) for pre-clinical safety assessment, PK and PK/PD studies to enable robust candidate selection and progression.
- MS in Pharmaceutical Sciences or related discipline with 3-5 years of industry experience or BS in Pharmaceutical Sciences with 4-8 years of industry experience is required.
- Knowledge of principles of analytical HPLC methods and validation is required.
- Strong theoretical background and hands-on experience in one or more of the following areas is preferred: physicochemical characterization of small molecules, conducting solubility measurements, manufacturing simple and enabling formulations is preferred.
- Experience in the design and execution of pre-formulation and forced degradation studies is required.
- General understanding of biopharmaceutical principles a plus.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills are required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-San Diego-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)