Ethicon, Inc. part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of companies is recruiting for a Manufacturing Manager located in San Angelo, TX.
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Drive continuous improvement through entire production process to meet Customer Service objectives (98% line fill rate) without compromising product quality or employee safety.
• Lead the plant effort to adhere to JJPS manufacturing principles and rules for the scheduling and material flow process.
• Facilitate Process Control Meetings to highlight material flow concerns and issues.
• Investigate and quickly resolve all issues affecting production through put.
• Analyze the production system / requirements daily to manage capacity constraints and highlight issues.
• Analyze material flow trends (WIP Exceptions) to determine departmental impact on production flow. Manage facilitators to drive continuous improvements in day-to-day material control operations.
• Responsible for the management of department personnel / processes to ensure business unit objectives / metrics are accomplished.
• Perform short term capacity planning and advises Management of any potential production issues.
• Understands and adheres to Ethicon environmental and safety policies/guidelines, J&J Pollution Prevention Goals and regulatory requirements.
• Manages the tactical operation of the business unit maximizing the productivity of the business unit through optimum use of equipment, personnel, and process. Responsible for ensuring that customer fill rates are met with quality material in a cost-efficient manner. Ensures continuous improvement of the process including cycle time reductions and improved efficiencies.
• Ensures that the business unit integrates with and supports the Credo values and business results as stated in the J&J Standards of Leadership.
• Primary contact for supply chain input into projects.
• Maintains familiarity with applicable quality system regulations & standards for the medical products manufactured at the site and factors these requirements into business decisions and recommendations.
• Reviews/provides input to associates’ performance and development; provides guidance and coaching to facilitators – adhering to and promoting the values expressed in the Credo, achieving good business results, managing for the long term, and developing people to achieve their greatest potential.
• Acts on behalf of the Business Unit Manager in tactical operation of the business unit and in his/her absence.
• Manage local events, which affect production capacity, and coordinate major events with key support resources.
• Act as BOP Walkthrough Lead/Designee for the Site Management Team.
• Comply with all applicable quality management system, environmental, safety and occupational health policies. (for example, ISO 13485, ISO14001 & OSHAS18001).
• Collaborate with direct reports, and one level above in the organizational structure.
• A minimum of a BA/BS required. MS, or PhD in Engineering preferred.
• PE Certification preferred.
• A minimum of 8 years of overall relevant experience is required.
• A minimum of 4 years experience in Supply Chain, Operations, Manufacturing, and/or Engineering required.
• Supervisory experience is required.
• Experience in Medical Devices, Pharmaceutical, or other regulated industry preferred.
• Strong PC skills required. Must be highly proficient in all functionality of Microsoft Excel.
• Position requires excellent conflict resolution skills, and good interpersonal skills to effectively influence colleagues.
• Position requires excellent communication skills plus the ability to function in a team based manufacturing environment.
• Must demonstrate a mastery of the analytical skills and professional judgment required to resolve major technical and people issues.
• Must be capable of making effective management level presentations, writing formal reports dealing with both technical and business implications, and preparing project plans while identifying and understanding the interrelationships of related disciplines and key activities.
• Exposure with PLC's, vision systems, CIM, robotics and automation preferred.
• Hands on exposure with high speed automation assembly equipment preferred.
• This position is located in San Angelo, TX, and may require up to 10% of travel both internationally and domestically.
• The ability to work off-shift hours and some holidays as needed by business is required.
1. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
2. Associates are required to wear gowning as per established Quality Procedures.
3. The San Angelo Plant is a 24/7 operation; weekends and holidays are included in the work schedule.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. This is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
United States-Texas-San Angelo-
Ethicon Inc. (6045)