|Title: Staff Software Engineer - Algorithm|
Location: Redwood City, CA
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Auris is a technology company defining the future of medical intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science, Auris is building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures.
Auris is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join a team of talented roboticists and software engineers who are trying to solve some of the hardest problems in medicine today. The Staff Software engineer will play a key role in the design and development of the Navigation application software for the Monarch Platform as well as other key algorithms of our robotic system. He/she will work closely with the other software engineers as well as scientists from other groups to architect, implement and test algorithms, APIs, libraries and software applications based on clinical and user requirements. We are looking for a candidate who can work in a cross-functional team, is flexible, self-motivated, curious and passionate about revolutionizing the world of medical robotics.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the architecture, design implementation and integration of various algorithms for localization, navigation and segmentation into the Auris software framework for the Monarch Platform.
- Work with software and algorithm engineers to integrate algorithms into the navigation software applications for the Monarch robotic system.
- Work closely with the clinical team to implement solutions for different surgical applications.
- Design and implement C++ applications in an FDA regulated environment.
- Lead design discussions and code reviews.
- Quickly prototype proof of concepts and test them on the systems.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience:
- PhD or MS in Computer science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 8+ years designing and developing complex software for medical applications.
- Strong background in object oriented programming and code reuse.
- Proficiency with C/C++ programming and multi-threaded applications.
- Strong understanding of state-machine based design and event driven architectures.
- Experience with computer vision, computer graphics and image processing.
- Experience with Unit testing and software Verification and Validation processes.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to work in a regulated environment in compliance to ISO 13485 and 21 CFR 820.
- Experience with developing software in a regulated environment.
- Experience with medical imaging modalities and DICOM format.
- Experience with Python or similar scripting language.
- Knowledge of OpenGL and 3D rendering.
- Experience with visualization software libraries such as ITK/VTK.
- Experience in TCP/IP based network programming.
- Experience with GUI development under QT.
United States-California-Redwood City-
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)