Johnson & Johnson Careers
National Medical Education Manager-Hematology/Oncology
Requisition ID: 8752190305
Janssen Pharmaceutical, Companies of Johnson & Johnson is currently hiring a National, Medical Education Manager located in Toronto, ON.
About Janssen Inc.
At Janssen, we are dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important unmet medical needs of our time in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, metabolic and chronic diseases and women’s health. Driven by our commitment to patients, we bring innovative products, services and solutions to people throughout the world. Janssen Inc. is a member of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson. Please visit www.janssen.ca for more information.
In this Head Office based role, you will lead a team of Regional Medical Education Managers (MEM’s) to develop and execute a National Medical Education Strategy and tactical plan for the Hematology-Oncology portfolio. Resulting in the improvement of health care professional learning metrics in knowledge, attitude and skill for current patient adherence, new treatment optimization and competitive differentiation. As a key member of the Business Implementation Team (BIM) and the Medical Education Team, you will actively participate in strategic planning and ongoing tactical management of the business and lead department initiatives.
Your core responsibilities:
- Lead the development and ongoing execution of the National and Regional Medical Education and digital communication plans supporting the Hematology-Oncology business
- Manage and implement in-field medical education activities and KOL development with Multiple Myeloma and Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL) experts
- Provide management oversight with the MEM team as they develop and execute their plans in support of the regional efforts and provide leadership and coaching as they partake in supporting national programs
- Attract, develop and retain an industry leading team of Hematology-Oncology MEMs
- Embed themselves into the cross functional teams (BIMs, Access, government and stakeholder relations teams) supporting Hematology-Oncology
- Through Customer Insight Research and CHE program metrics, provide strategic direction for existing and emerging customer plans, conferences, symposia etc.
- Medical Education budget and vendor management
- Stay abreast of emerging data and translate the data into applicable tactics for knowledge transfer to health care professionals
- Lead Medical Education franchise and Medical Affairs department projects
- A minimum of a university degree is required preferably in Business, Life Sciences or related Health Sciences discipline; a MBA is an asset
- A minimum of 5 years of professional business experience is required
- Prior experience working with Hematology-Oncology products in Sales, Marketing and/or Medical Education is highly desirable
- Therapeutic area and customer knowledge in one or more areas (Multiple Myeloma and Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL) is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to partner with Key Opinion Leaders to gain key insights and develop educational accredited and non-accredited content
- Previous experience in leadership roles demonstrating coaching competencies and the ability to lead large teams is highly desirable
- Solid knowledge of the IMC code, Healthcare Compliance policies and procedures and the principles of adult learning is required
- Results driven, innovative, assertive, strategic thinker, strong project and account management skills are preferred
- Bilingual: French/English an asset
- Willing and able to travel (domestic and international) approximately 30% of the time
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Janssen Inc. (7710)