Janssen Global Services, LLC, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for an A Associate Director, On-boarding & Training to be located in Horsham, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Global Services, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
Associate Director, On-boarding & Training US Medical Affairs (USMA), Oncology
This role will be primarily responsible for developing, leading and delivering the on-boarding curriculum to both in-house and field based new members of the USMA department. The Associate Director, On-boarding & Training is a key role on the USMA training team specifically focused on ensuring the new hires get relevant training and support to have a great experience and start in their new roles. S/he will drive development and delivery of both clinical and JBI specific systems & tools training. The Associate Director will work collaboratively with the USMA leadership team, US Medical Scientific Liaisons (MSL) leadership team, other therapeutic areas representatives and, Janssen Scientific Affairs (JSA) to identify opportunities to develop, leverage and align on-boarding training materials.
The Associate Director of On-boarding & Training will report to the Director, Training in USMA. The primary responsibilities include:
- Develop/Execute/Maintain a week-one on-boarding program for new hires including:
- An introduction to JNJ, JSA and USMA
- Training on systems, operations and compliance policies
- Development and execution of Cohort meetings for new hires as an introduction to the Medical Affairs organization and key stakeholders
- Facilitate and lead clinical training curriculum to enable new hires to conduct scientific exchanges with Healthcare Providers (HCPs) and Opinion Leaders (OLs), to support the clinical research program, and to provide internal scientific support.
- Lead the development and updating of the New Hire Coaching guide for Mentors & Field Directors for the MSL team
- In collaboration with MSL Leadership, co-Develop/co-lead the new MSL transition to the field program
- Territory planning
- Alignment with partners
- Top 10 account review/alignment
- Pre-visit planning
- Navigation of your environment (Community, Hospital, Academic center)
- Lead the development and execution of core soft skills (e.g. presentations skills, conflict resolution etc.) development training program for new hires
The Associate Director, On-boarding & Training will also:
- Identify novel learning approaches, delivery techniques, and repositories for training resources.
- Contribute to the development of cross-functional Janssen MA training team strategy.
- Support Associate Director, Oncology Trainers for Hematology and Solid Tumor as needed
- Identify and evaluate new technologies to enhance effectiveness
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required; An advanced degree (Masters, MD, PharmD, or PhD) is strongly preferred
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Medical Affairs or as an MSL is required
- Training experience is highly desirable
- In-depth oncology knowledge is required
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are required
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate across departments
- Detail oriented, organized, self-starter with a demonstrated track record of achievements
- This position will be in Horsham, PA and will require up to 20% domestic travel
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)
Medical Science Liaison