Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Supervisor, Analytical Lab
Fort Washington, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 8708180108
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting a Supervisor, Analytical Lab to be located in Fort Washington, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
You will lead the analytical laboratory day to day operation for all testing conducted at the McNeil Fort Washington facility. These functions include the testing of: chemical components, bulk and finished products, packaging materials, scale-up samples, process validation samples, cleaning validation samples, marketed stability samples, development samples, and investigational samples. Provides input for: SOPs, testing protocols, component specifications, method specifications, and method qualifications protocols. Provide and/or lead cGMP and safety training to the Staff. Provide information regarding Quality Control systems and data to internal or external regulatory personnel during inspections or inquiries. Develop and provide input for procedural guidelines within the Quality Control department in conjunction with Central Quality Assurance and other plant sites. Supports the manager and plays a role in representing the department internally and externally in matters relating to Analytical Laboratory, cGMPs and general quality.
Your scope & main responsibilities will be
- Controls and assures that the Analytical Laboratory conforms to the appropriate standards of quality and purity for testing chemical components, bulk and finished products, packaging materials, scale-up samples, process validation samples, cleaning validation samples and marketed stability samples.
- Assures the laboratory in Day to Day Operations is meeting cGMPs and safety requirements. Handles and develops procedures, systems and practices to ensure compliance to all regulatory requirements.
- Manages all laboratory projects from internal and external departments, suppliers and subcontractors. Develops and implements systems and training to ensure successful completion of these projects.
- May lead all aspects of Metrology and Instrument Qualification for the QC Analytical and Microbiology laboratories. May manage all aspects of the Marketed Product Stability Program.
- Works with the Analytical Laboratory Manager in the planning and scheduling of the laboratory areas for maximum effective utilization of employees, equipment and material within budgetary and quality standards.
- Participates in the requisitions and selection of qualified employees’ necessary to perform work. Administers the objectives and goals of direct reports. Appraises the Analytical Laboratory Manager in employee promotions, merit increases, transfers, leaves of absence and other personnel changes required.
- Supports the Analytical Laboratory Manager during FDA, DEA, other regulatory agencies and corporate audits.
- Develops and provides input for local QC policies and procedures. Participates in the development and implementation of national laboratory policies and procedures.
- Provides forecast information to Analytical Laboratory Manager for new equipment and personnel to serve expanding operational and regulatory requirements sufficiently in advance of the need.
- Performs other duties as required.
- A minimum of a BS in Chemistry or other closely related scientific field is required.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of QC Analytical Laboratory experience is required.
- Experience in a highly regulated industry environment is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience is required.
- Experience in the application of cGMPs in a regulated industry is required.
- Advanced knowledge of Pharmaceutical Manufacturing & cGMPs is required.
- Advanced knowledge of QC Analytical is required.
- Basic knowledge of Statistics is required.
- Ability to administer team building strategies is required.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Pennsylvania-Fort Washington
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)