Ethicon is recruiting for a Senior BioMedical/Imaging Engineer, Advanced Imaging R&D, located in either Cincinnati, Ohio or Santa Clara, California.
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
The BioMedical/Imaging Engineer, Advanced Imaging R&D, will be driving early-stage projects from concept to feasibility and helping transfer new ideas and concepts for advanced surgical imaging, visualization and related technologies into our Advanced Imaging – Digital Surgery product development pipeline.
- Lead technical deliverables on early stage projects to assess technical feasibility of new digitally enabled technology programs to integrate across a broad array of both software, hardware, and instrument solutions.
- Define next steps and future product development activities to transfer new programs into our new product development process.
- As assigned, work on specific product development efforts, from feasibility to launch, engaging with multi-functional team and external partners.
- Work with marketing teams to define the need, clinical relevance, and strategic drivers of potential product offerings.
- Collaborate with internal cross-functional teams and external partners to define and execute feasibility programs to answer key technical and business questions.
- Effectively communicate opportunities, status, risks, and recommendations across organization.
Domestic and international travel of up to 30% may be required.
Requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, BioMedical or Mechanical Engineering or a related science/engineering degree; an Advanced Degree is helpful.
Experience and Skills:
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Proven experience in medical device or other highly regulated product development lifecycle, from definition through commercialization is required.
- Track record in R&D delivering solutions within a complex system architecture is desired.
- Success working across organizational boundaries both internally (working with cross-functional teams) and externally (defining and managing external collaborations) is required.
- Understanding of the value drivers of surgical robotics, and ability to understand and support translation of broad strategy to specific priorities is required.
- Experience translating high-level customer needs into technical options and analyzing the tradeoffs and business impact is required.
- Experience with MATLAB, LabVIEW, or Python is preferred.
- Experience with surgical imaging technologies and engaging with the wider digital surgery eco system definition, design, and commercialization, as well interfacing of disposable medical devices with reusable capital equipment highly preferred.
- Experience with defining test acceptance criteria, developing test methods, and creating test protocols/reports is required.
- Experience with design control activities and design history file implementation per FDA & CE mark standards for medical devices is highly preferred.
- Experience defining and developing products containing software, firmware and electronics is required.
North America-United States-California-Santa Clara
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)