Auris Health, Inc. is currently recruiting for a Senior Vision R&D Technician. This position will be located in Redwood City, CA.
Auris Health, Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is transforming medical intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science, Auris is building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures. Learn more about Auris Health at https://www.aurishealth.com/.
This role will support the design and development of robotic, vision/display and sensor systems for medical applications. This Senior Vision R&D Technician will work closely with the instruments engineering team supporting system and sub-system assembly in areas related to camera/illumination system electronics & mechanics, including printed circuit boards (PCB) rework, cable/wire harness assembly, mechanical test fixture construction and debugging, and test execution/documentation.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Cable and wire harness assembly – must know how to crimp and assemble a variety of cables
- PCB rework involving SMT and hot-air soldering for chip-level replacement
- Test assembled electrical sub-systems given a detailed set of instructions
- Assemble various electronic, optomechanical & electromechanical prototypes and subassemblies
- Determine assembly methods and procedures and assist in development of fixtures
- Utilize small hand tools and/or precision devices and microscopes to aid in the assembly process
- Perform testing, experimentation, analysis and results documentation
- Support process and equipment qualification work
- Directly manage lab environment, inventory organization, as well as workstation & equipment preventative maintenance along with other general lab duties
- Troubleshoot electronic and mechanical systems to determine potential causes of the issue
- Work with engineers to document changes and track errors in schematics and bill of materials
- Communicate status of R&D activities and make any recommendations for solutions to project team members and other functions
- Lead small teams of technicians/assemblers, providing technical support, training and mentorship to less experienced members of the team.
- Maintain a curiosity and a willingness to learn
- Support product design which meets requirements regulated by FDA, UL, CE, and other governing bodies as defined by management
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience:
- A minimum of a high school diploma or GED required, AA preferred
- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience as an electronics or mechanical technician working in a relevant field
- Can read and interpret schematics and cable/mechanical drawings
- Understands and follows best ESD practices when handling and working with PCB’s
- Proficient in operating oscilloscopes, multimeters, laboratory power supplies, etc.
- Ability to use measuring devices such as calipers, micrometers and scales
- Collaborates and effectively communicates with the engineering team to improve designs
- Ability to work in a regulated environment in compliance to ISO 13485 and 21 CFR 820
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
- IPC-A-610 and/or IPC/WHMA-A-620 certification (current or past)
- Advanced technical degree from a technical institution
- Knowledgeable in electronics and PCB design principles
- Familiarity in working with PCB manufacturers and managing PCB builds
- Familiarity with manual machine tools (mill and lathe)
- Instron, optical comparator or other test/metrology system experience
- Experience using SolidWorks, AutoCAD or other computer-aided drafting tools
- Experience with optical/optomechanical components
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Redwood City-
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)