Johnson & Johnson Careers
QUALITY ENGINEERING COOP NPI LCM
Requisition ID: 8686190305
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Ethicon Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting a Quality Engineer, to be located in Somerville, NJ.
The Ethicon Surgical Care business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies-including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices-that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women's health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon Surgical Care business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and electiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
The Quality Engineer Co-Op will function as a team member and work closely with R&D and Operations utilizing various Quality Engineering tools in the maintenance and optimization of current products, materials and processes. This position will partner with R&D to ensure the application of design controls and effective risk management to prevent unanticipated failure modes and ensure capability, in addition to partnering with Operations and Suppliers to ensure the application of process validation, process control, process risk management, qualification of components/products for the effective design transfer to production facilities. You will also support other Quality Engineers in the creation of data summary reports and pivot tables in support of Life Cycle Management, and Remediation activities. Additionally, you will evaluate and analyze Post Market Surveillance data trends and participate in Product CAPA Councils with a cross-functional leadership team. The role might include collaboration in strategic initiatives such as Combination Products (drug/device) regulation implementation.
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing a bachelor’s degree in engineering, Life Sciences, or Physical Sciences. Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, or Biomedical Engineers, Polymer Science, Chemist, or Biochemists are preferred.
- Completion of at least freshman year of undergraduate school is required.
- Candidates must be available to work Full-time.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Demonstrated leadership is preferred.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Candidates must have the ability to work individually (independently) as well as on a team.
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel (including a high proficiency with generating pivot tables and graphs), and Power Point, and have strong oral and written communication skills. Additional technical competencies in SharePoint and other information technology systems are highly desirable, as is experience with PubMed databases and other literature databases.
- Prior experience in Medical Device or other regulated industry is preferred.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.3 is strongly preferred.
- Participation in campus/community service activities is desired.
- This Co-Op position is in Somerville, New Jersey. Students must be able to provide their own transportation to/from the location daily.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Somerville-
Ethicon Inc. (6045)