Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
DREXEL DEVICE ENGINEERING CO-OP
Requisition ID: 8680180411
Janssen, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting a Device Engineering Co-op. Janssen is the name given to Johnson & Johnson’s global group of pharmaceutical companies. These companies market both conventional and biotech products in a broad range of therapeutic areas.
The internship is offered by the Primary Container & Devices (PC&D) group within the Pharmaceutical Development and Manufacturing Sciences (PDMS) division of Janssen R&D. The PC&D group supports Janssen R&D by developing optimal drug delivery devices approved for use in patients for both clinical studies and commercialization. The Internship Program is focused on providing college students with practical device engineering experience including prototyping and laboratory testing.
The Device Engineering Co-op will:
- work collaboratively with PC&D staff supporting ongoing device development projects.
- assist with activities associated with device design, prototyping (including 3D printing) and mechanical testing.
- participate in ongoing project team meetings and assist with technical document writing.
- be exposed to other functions within the larger PDMS group.
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing a Bachelor degree in Biomedical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- Candidates must be available to work full-time (40 hours/week).
- Students who have completed three years of college coursework year will be considered.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Demonstrated leadership is required.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Candidates must have the ability to work individually (independently) as well as on a team.
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Power Point, and have strong oral and written communication skills. Additional competency in SolidWorks (or another solid modeling CAD program) and Minitab (or another statistical analysis program) are highly desirable.
- Candidates with hands on research laboratory and testing experience are strongly preferred.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is strongly preferred.
- Participation in campus/community service activities is desired.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)