Johnson & Johnson Careers
POSTDOCTORAL FELLOW - API LENTIVIRUS PROCESS DEVELOPMENT
Requisition ID: 8673190304
Postdoctoral Fellow, API Lentivirus Process Development
The Lentivirus vector process development team in Janssen BioTherapeutics Development (BTD) is seeking an energetic, highly motivated Postdoctoral Fellow to enable the development of lentivirus vector manufacturing processes. This post-doctoral position will provide a rare opportunity to use cutting-edge technologies to generate next generation lentivirus production process. Upon completion of the postdoctoral program, the Fellow will have acquired valuable career experience that enables entry into translational academic settings, biotech-related opportunities, and/or continued development in large pharma.
At Janssen, Postdoctoral fellows are trained by expert scientists working at the cutting edge of drug discovery. The BTD organization partners with the Discovery and Clinical divisions and supports a wide range of Therapeutic Areas including Oncology, Neuroscience, Cardiovascular and Metabolism, Immunology, and Infectious Diseases. BTD is committed to foster a working environment that encourages the company's commitment to equal employment opportunity and the value of a diverse work force. The successful candidate will learn from and contribute to an industry-leading drug discovery program that has brought numerous quality therapeutics to patients and has made significant contributions to human health. The Fellow will collaborate and participate in cross-functional team discussions, gaining insight into many aspects of biotherapeutic discovery and development.
- Independently design, evaluate and establish a strategic path for development of lentivirus production process
- Use cutting-edge science and emerging technologies to identify opportunities to improve lentivirus manufacturing process
- Explore cell engineering systems for generation of a next generation lentivirus process
- Deliver reports, summaries, and presentations supporting experimental results
- Present research findings and data to the group; interact and collaborate with cross-functional teams, present findings at scientific conferences
- Ensure data integrity and maintain compliance with general laboratory operations, all appropriate SOPs for laboratory work, data recording, and laboratory equipment
- Maintenance of detailed records, notebooks in a GMP compliant manner, safety, and environmental requirements is expected
- Suitable candidates will have a PhD in virology, cell biology, cell engineering, or a related field from an accredited college/university.
- Should possess excellent understanding of viruses, virus-cell interactions, virological assays and bioprocessing principles
- Extensive experience in generation of stable cells using novel and cutting-edge molecular biology technologies is required
- Extensive working knowledge of eukaryotic cells, cell engineering, gene expression, and characterization is required
- Expertise in cell biology, cell-based assays and flow cytometry analysis (BD Fortessa or similar) is required
- A basic understanding of CAR-T technology is also preferable.
- Independent thinker with ability to design, organize, and execute both short- and long-term research strategies. Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, capable of delivering data-based reports in all relevant formats
- Capable of handling tight timelines and delivery of quality data
- Demonstrated leadership is preferred.
- Candidates must have the ability to work individually (independently) as well as on a team.
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel (including a high proficiency with generating pivot tables and graphs), and Power Point, and have strong oral and written communication skills. Additional technical competencies in Sharepoint and other information technology systems are highly desirable, as is experience with PubMed databases and other literature databases.
- Candidates must be available to work Full-time.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is strongly preferred.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)