Johnson & Johnson Careers
Health Economics & HTA Associate (contract)
Requisition ID: 8665180801
Janssen Inc. is looking to hire a Health Economics & HTA Associate role in the Government Affairs and Market Access department, located in Toronto, Ontario. This is a one-year contract opportunity.
At Janssen, we are dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important unmet medical needs of our time in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, metabolic and chronic diseases and women’s health. Driven by our commitment to patients, we bring innovative products, services and solutions to people throughout the world. Janssen Inc. is a member of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson. Please visit www.janssen.ca for more information.
- Proactively conduct data analysis and provide insights on Health Technology Assessments (HTA) recommendations, pan-Canadian Pharmaceutical Alliance (pCPA), Product Listing Agreements (PLAs), and HTA (Canadian or international) policies to support market access team.
- Actively participate on product reimbursement teams by critically assessing HTA, pCPA and PLA data, trends and analysis to support reimbursement, strategies & submissions.
- Support policy positions for industry associations (Innovative Medicines Canada, BIOTECanada) as well as within Janssen or J&J through provision of robust analytics.
- Optimize and enhance internal tools and processes to facilitate analysis of HTA, pCPA and other reimbursement to inform business partners.
- Participate in Cross-sector J&J HTA working group.
- Management of vendor on HTA-related projects.
- Assist in the research and writing of clinical and economic sections of a reimbursement submission.
- Assist in composing and reviewing economic tools such as budget impact analyses for submissions in a specific therapeutic area.
- Support the Health Economics Reimbursement teams in the development & implementation of market access strategies from a health economics perspective (i.e. management of health economic projects; preparation of reimbursement submission, reports and other materials to decision makers and payers based on clinical and economic data).
- Support the PLA Centre of Excellence
- 3+ years of pharmaceutical or health-related experience in a role involving reimbursement-related activities (e.g., competitive market assessments, trend analysis, scientific writing, health economics), or health policy, or similar government experience.
- Advanced research and analytical skills; ability to derive insights from large datasets as well as ability to manage ambiguity and synthesize value-added recommendations based on small, incomplete datasets.
- Ability to interpret clinical and/or pharmacoeconomic data and provide insights is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (v-lookups and pivot tables) is required.
- Experience preparing payer submissions, health economic analyses, budget impact analysis, would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of the reimbursement environment in Canada an asset.
- A strong team player with initiative who collaborates well with internal/external partners and stakeholders.
- Ability to think critically, innovatively and possess strong business acumen.
- Ability to manage complexity and multi-task in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Strong organizational and project management skills; superior attention to detail.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Janssen Inc. (7710)