Janssen Research & Development LLC, a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for a Scientist, Data Analytics Engineering, Data Science located in Titusville, NJ, Spring House, PA, or Raritan, NJ with up to 15% domestic travel.
Janssen develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass oncology, cardiovascular and metabolic disorders, immunology, neuroscience, and infectious disease. Our ultimate goal is to help people live longer, healthier lives. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market – from patients to practitioners and from clinics to hospitals. To learn more about Janssen, one of the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com.
The Scientist, Data Analytics Engineering, part of the Data Platforms team, will contribute to the establishment of vital data integration, analytics, and knowledge dissemination solutions that enable scientific capabilities across R&D. Our team supports projects from discovery through late development. Responsibilities include the implementation of novel R&D data pipelines as well as developing and deploying groundbreaking technologies which triangulate insights across different data modalities. The role requires both a broad knowledge of existing data and engineering analytics and creativity to invent and customize when necessary. The successful hire will be part of our dynamic, accomplished team that supports multiple R&D therapeutic areas in the discovery and development of innovative therapies.
The Scientist will:
- Assist and drive the enablement of data & analytics engineering strategies for R&D Data Science community. Partner closely with Janssen R&D IT and external partners for implementation and execution.
- Partner with R&D data scientists to architect, build, and implement data platforms to support organizational initiatives with an emphasis on research and translational data across therapeutic areas.
- Participate in the evaluation of novel algorithms, tools, and technologies that enable data science capabilities.
- Ph.D. (OR Master’s degree with 3+ years of relevant experience) in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline is required.
- Proficient with one or more programming languages such as Python or R is required.
- Understanding of omics, clinical, and real-world data is required.
- Familiarity with drug discovery and clinical development processes is preferred.
- Knowledgeable in the area of natural language processing is preferred.
- Familiarity with semantic or property graph frameworks and/or graph analytics is preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and written skills are required.
Thriving on a diverse company culture and celebrating the uniqueness of our employees, we are committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Working with Johnson & Johnson can change everything. Including YOU.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)