Johnson & Johnson Careers
Principal Mechanical Engineer- Instruments
Requisition ID: 8660190627
Auris Health, Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is transforming medical intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science, Auris is building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures. Learn more about Auris Health at https://www.aurishealth.com/.
Auris Health, Inc. is recruiting for a Principal Mechanical Engineer- Instruments. This position will be located in Redwood City, CA.
The Principal Mechanical Engineer, Instruments is directly responsible for the design and development of innovative instruments for minimally invasive procedures. This person must capable of designing complex and precision mechanisms, extruded and injection molded components, and other components and assemblies related to medical devices, as well as understanding materials selection to optimize mechanical performance and reprocessing durability. The Engineer will provide technical leadership to the Instruments Engineering Department such as creating flexible catheter design solutions and failure analysis strategies.
Core Job Responsibilities:
The position requires a wide application of principles, theories, and concepts in the functional engineering field plus a working knowledge of other related disciplines. This individual must have a strong technical background in the design of medical device technology and the ability to generate creative design concepts from design inputs, prototype those concepts, and evaluate those designs through sound experimental design. The candidate must have the capacity to prioritize project activity, work effectively in a cross-functional team environment, and motivate others to reach objectives.
• Lead innovation, technology development, and the creation of novel medical Instruments and systems, from feasibility prototype through product commercialization.
• Generate concepts and solutions for new products as well as provide engineering support for existing products.
• Lead ideation and assist in the preparation and review of patent applications.
• Execute product development processes following governing standards to implement programmed-use and single-use devices and tools.
• Collaborate with other engineers, technicians, contract manufacturers, assemblers, or other support personnel to assist in debugging and optimizing system performance.
• Drive definition of requirements for new products, creation of engineering specifications, and for verification and validation efforts.
• Develop project plans, schedules, and specifications for new product development.
• Estimate project costs and contribute to creating department budgets and records.
• Develop and improve manufacturing processes to pilot production level.
• Interface with external suppliers for component and process design, and assist the Instrument Team in maintaining adequate inventory of engineering and prototype materials.
• Provide technical leadership and maintain the engineering staff’s knowledge on technology and engineering areas associated with instrument and mechanism design.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Redwood City-
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)