Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr. Systems Integration Engineer
Requisition ID: 8651190627
Auris Health, Inc. is recruiting for a Sr. Systems Integration Engineer. This position will be located in Redwood City, CA.
Auris Health, Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is transforming medical intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science, Auris is building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures.
The Senior System Integration Engineer will support the development of the Auris Robotic System for medical applications. He/she will work closely with a variety of engineering disciplines, such as Robotics, Mechanical, Electrical, Clinical, and Software teams, to build, integrate, and maintain a state of the art, complex robotic system. The Senior System Integration Engineer role requires extensive knowledge of the system architecture to decompose complex engineering issues into solvable problems so as to facilitate inter-disciplinary communication between teams, lead integration investigation efforts, and perform failure mode analyses. This position also includes support of verification activities such as test design & development, execution, and report generation.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Leading integration efforts across various disciplines for the design of a complex, medical robotic system
- Providing feedback to engineering teams utilizing engineering best-practices and good documentation processes, such as engineering studies, design reviews, failure mode analyses, and V&V testing
- Developing technical solutions during early-stage product development
- Building prototypes and test fixtures for design performance and integration investigations
- Bringing up system and sub-system assemblies
- Provide hands-on troubleshooting and system debugging
- Working as a liaison between R&D, Operations, Service, & Manufacturing to develop engineering solutions and processes that translate effectively and efficiently across lifecycle phases
- Supporting engineering and clinical labs to troubleshoot system issues during operative use
- Other related duties as may be assigned
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Robotics, Electrical, Computer, Mechanical, Biomedical, or any other Engineering discipline
- 5+ years working experience in an environment with complex, robotic or mechatronic systems
- Demonstrated experience in electromechanical system design, implementation, debugging, verification, and testing – medical robotics preferred
- Proficiency in project leadership
- Ability to work independently and manage priorities on multiple tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a regulated environment in compliance to ISO 13485 and 21 CFR 820
- Experience with IEC-60601 standards and test labs (CSA, TUV, etc) a plus
- Willingness to travel (up to 20%)
Experience with some of the following tools is preferred but not mandatory:
o Python, Matlab (C++ programming a plus)
o Solidworks (3D prototyping a plus)
o Electrical schematics (Altium/PCB design a plus)
o Use and application of real time systems (RTLinux, QNX)
o Robotic kinematics and algorithm development
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-California-Redwood City-
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)