Johnson & Johnson Careers
Re-Ignite EHSS Specialist
Requisition ID: 8650190305
Ethicon, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Re-Ignite EHSS Specialist, located in Cornelia, GA.
Did you take a break from the professional world to pursue other priorities? Do you want to develop technologies and create solutions that significantly improve patients' lives? If you are an experienced, high-caliber engineer eager to return to engineering after a break of two or more years, this “Returnship” program is for you.
This four-month paid internship will refresh your technical skills while you work with a market leader in healthcare. In addition to key job responsibilities, we provide technical training, professional development, and peer mentoring with full access to the community at Ethicon and the possibility of becoming a full time employee with the most dynamic health care organization in the world, Johnson & Johnson.
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
· Acts as a resource and point of contact for environmental, health, and safety issues.
· Evaluates, plans and leads occupational safety, industrial hygiene and/or ergonomics programs.
· Leads the development and delivery of technical training and environmental health and safety awareness programs in support of company's hazard/risk profile.
· Develops innovative effective environmental health and safety auditing/assessment programs.
· Supports all elements of site Process Safety Management (PSM) program including coordinating, scheduling and leading Process Hazard Analyses and Pre-Startup Safety Reviews; reviews hazard assessments and identifies areas for improvement; and maintains Process Hazard analysis action item tracking systems and ensures proper follow up in accordance with PSM program guidelines.
· Leads staff on safety policies and procedures.
· Ensures compliance with local government environmental health and safety regulations and company policies.
· Facilitates the creation of meaningful light duty work to effectively minimize company exposure to costs associated with industrial accidents by reducing time out of work.
· Partners with Wellness staff to complement and support efforts to provide awareness education and intervention programs that encourage healthy lifestyles.
· Work in team environment behaving in a CREDO based respectful manner.
· Comply with all federally regulated programs.
· Adhere to J&J environmental and safety policies and guidelines.
· Comply with all job specific safety procedures and utilize PPE when necessary.
· Comply with quality system requirements as defined within procedures and instructions.
· Utilize applicable software systems as needed for the job (e.g. ComplianceWire, ADAPTIV, etc.)
· Consistently meet required work performance targets (RE’s), if applicable
· Support LEAN and Six Sigma Initiatives.
· Support Maintenance Excellence (ME2) including 6S and Operator Asset Care.
· Accurately complete records as defined within the job procedures (e.g. manual and/or electronic documentation).
· Perform other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
· Consistently meet required Training due date targets.
· BA Degree is required, a degree in engineering or scientific area is preferred
· Minimum of 3 years of work experience is required
· A 2 year gap from work/STEM field is required
· Experience working in a team environment is required
· Experience with Process Safety Management (PSM) is preferred
· Experience in EHSS is preferred
· Experience leading projects is preferred
· Experience working a highly regulated environment is preferred
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ethicon Inc. (6045)