Johnson & Johnson Careers
EHS&S Ergonomics Manager
Requisition ID: 8649180820
Hi-Tech meets Medical Devices at Biosense Webster! If you want to work with brilliant people in a fast paced environment, help make a huge difference in patient’s lives and want to be responsible for providing the most innovative technology in the field of cardiac electrophysiology, then Biosense Webster is the place for you! Our vision and mission are clear – be #1 in rhythm solutions globally and cure AF (Atrial Fibrillation), the most common heart arrhythmia. Our products are used by prominent physicians around the world and help improve thousands of patient’s lives. Simply put, we are a highly innovative entrepreneurial company with a truly global and diverse culture, backed with the support structure of the Johnson & Johnson Corporation – quite a winning combination! Our commitment to quality and our Credo have helped us achieve significant milestones as a company.
Biosense Webster is the world leader in the $2.5 billion worldwide electrophysiology market and our company is in the enviable position of being one of the fastest growing businesses within Johnson & Johnson. We have achieved double digit growth consistently over the last decade and aren’t stopping as we look towards the future. Our product portfolio remains strong and further proves we are an innovative leader in cardiac electrophysiology. In order to continue this great growth trajectory, we need to bring on board top talent like you to help fuel our future! Our growth has also enabled a relentless focus on talent development by providing many new opportunities for our employees to expand their knowledge and grow their careers. Our commitment to developing our leaders is unwavering. Our investment in people, technology, and innovation make us one of the best places to work within one of the most admirable corporations in the world.
Biosense Webster Inc. is recruiting for a EHS&S Ergonomics Manager, located in Irwindale, California with additional responsibility over our Baldwin Park, CA site.
The EHS&S Ergonomics Manager is responsible for the site-level environmental health and safety infrastructure. Depending on risk/size of facility, this role will possibly manage a facility EHS&S team. Responsible for ensuring the local facility EHS operations are in compliance with federal, state, and local EHS regulations, as well as Johnson & Johnson EHS Standards. This role will also act as the technical ergonomics subject matter expert for the America Region. Partner with site leadership teams to establish and implement site EHS strategy and Management Action Plan (MAP) in alignment with the JJSC and/or franchise commercial strategic imperatives and R&D.
This leader will work closely with various internal and external stakeholders.
Internal: Supply Chain leaders, Commercial partners, Quality and other site functional leaders.
External: Regulators and 3rd party consultants or assessors.
- Shared responsibility with site General Manager for EHS performance at the site
- Partner with local management to develop and implement a site MAP to address EHS program deficiencies and ensure EHS regulatory compliance.
- Develop EHS objectives for the site - auditing, analyzing, documenting, and reporting on their implementation and effectiveness to management via dashboards & reports.
- Manage EHS professionals at local facility. Set and monitor goals/objectives/assignments, provide adequate coaching/counseling, develop and monitor employee development plans, and provide recommendations as part of the succession planning, appraisal, and salary planning process.
- Monitor and evaluate EHS risks of operations, including change management, ensuring continuous improvement of the EHS program to make it leaner and more efficient.
- Provides upper management with ongoing consultation pertaining to environmental, health and safety regulations identifying the impacts of changes to regulations on key business objectives.
- Develop and implement EHS training strategy for the site, ensuring key risk and regulatory requirements are addressed for appropriate audiences, including new hires.
- Support and facilitate site EHS committees/teams to ensure implementation of the EHS program.
- Maintain local ISO certifications (and other voluntary certifications, VPP/OHSAS) by ensuring site EHS management systems are aligned & maintained consistent with ISO and/or program standards.
- Collaborate with other functions to manage EHS aspects of external manufacturers, suppliers and contractor programs.
Experiences & Skills:
- Minimum 8 years of related experience required
- Technical experience in leading and facilitating ergonomics programs and projects required
- Demonstrated project management skills are required
- Technical/working knowledge of federal, state and local regulations required
- Good interpersonal skills and classroom instructor skills required
- Experience identifying, evaluating and controlling EHS risks in the workplace required
- Proficient in MS Office software programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Technical experience in diverse EHS areas including but not limited to air, water, hazardous and medical waste, machine safety, industrial hygiene and chemical handling preferred
- Experience in an FDA regulated environment preferred
- Ergonomics certification preferred
- Experience supporting an R&D facility preferred
- Ability to lead local EHS professionals and manage additional multi-site EHS resources.
- Business management – produce & maintain project schedules & budgets
- Interfacing – associates & local, state & federal inspectors
- Organizational skills – generate all required reports & record keeping systems
- Position requires 10-20% domestic and possibly international travel
Be VITAL in your career. Be seen for the TALENT you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Johnson & Johnson Companies are equal opportunity employers.
Biosense Webster Inc. (6010)
Environmental Health & Safety