Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Category Solutions Manager
Requisition ID: 8642180119
Johnson & Johnson Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies is currently recruiting for a Category Solutions Manager, located in the Greater Toronto Area.
We are the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. In Canada, we market a broad range of prominent, innovative, and trusted consumer products focusing on skin and hair care, baby care, wound care, pain care, and oral health.
Our purpose is to "Bring Science to the Art of Healthy Living" by providing Canadians with some of the most world's most widely used and trusted brands including; JOHNSON'S ® Baby, NEUTROGENA®, AVEENO® LISTERINE®, BAND-AID® Brand Adhesive Bandages, POLYSPORIN®, TYLENOL®, REACTINE® , BENYLIN® , NICORETTE®, NICODERM® and many more. We are based in Markham, Ontario and are also supported by a manufacturing site and R&D facility located in Guelph, Ontario. Recently, we were ranked by the Globe and Mail as one of the 10 most trusted brands in Canada, and as the #1 business partner in Health & Beauty by our retail customers in the 2015 and 2016 Advantage Survey. We are pleased to share this exciting opportunity to join our team.
Are you looking to deepen your analytical and strategic capabilities? Are you passionate about strengthening your Category, Shopper and Retail expertise and what the future holds for our dynamic marketplace? Are you looking for opportunities to drive action based on insights? Do you want to focus on building Strategic Partnerships with key customers? If so, then this may be your next role!
You will lead category expertise at the customer through the development and execution of customer/franchise-specific strategic category management plans. You will partner directly with your J&J business partners and customers to shape and lead progressive, shopper and category focused recommendations. Ultimately, building customer value and growth across assigned categories, in alignment with broader company and customer initiatives.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Leading category reviews for assigned customer, including shopper & category insights and trends to inform tactical opportunities and strategic direction
- Shaping customer recommendations inclusive of new products innovation, merchandising initiatives, and providing assessment of risks/opportunities
- Advising as category expert based on advanced Category, Shopper knowledge and Macro global trends
- Delivering on customer account team business target by influencing the fundamentals including merchandising, distribution and assortment of assigned J&J brands supported by shopper, category and product/brand insights and analytics
- Collaborating with customer teams and market units to lead and craft shopper, retail and category focused growth driving opportunities, as part of business planning process
- Shaping and applying insight based “Best In Class Merchandizing Principles” through development of “Category Toolkits”
- Identifying, quantifying, tracking and communicating results against key priorities and shelf metrics, in consultation with Retail Channel, Market Unit, RGM and Customer teams.
- Identifying and leading opportunities for groundbreaking category design and reinvention projects in conjunction with the Retail innovation team.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree is required. An MBA or a Specialization in Business Administration, Marketing is an asset.
- Minimum of 2 - 4 years of progressive experience within sales and/or marketing required.
- Previous experience working within Consumer Packaged Goods or within Retail Industry preferred.
- Prior experience with category management, cross-functional and/or cross-industry experience is an asset.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to develop sophisticated reports and analyze complex data to develop conclusions.
- Full knowledge of class of trade, assigned customer group, category, competitive products, competitive strategies and industry trends.
- Strong business and financial acumen, with proven ability effectively use syndicated data resources, and financial/profitability metrics to derive recommendations.
- Highly effective influencing skills, with proven ability to collaborate effectively across functions.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships across levels and functions with internally and externally.
- High intellectual curiosity on broader business and market/industry trends.
- Successfully manage and adjust to multiple and competing priorities under tight timelines.
- Ability to thrive in a matrixed environment where priorities change rapidly and high complexity is evident.
- Knowledge of statistics and research methodologies is beneficial.
- In-depth computer skills, with ability to build, manipulate, revise and modify data, documents, presentations and spreadsheets, including working knowledge of space management software.
North America-Canada-Ontario-Mississauga, North America-Canada-Ontario-Oakville, North America-Canada-Ontario-Richmond Hill, North America-Canada-Ontario-Etobicoke, North America-Canada-Ontario-Markham
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)